• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Netflix Recommendation Thread

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 3,276
Not watched a lot of Netflix these past few years, but the one's I can remember as notable are:

Squid Game - I'm sure everyone knows that one.

Dark - German mind-bending time travel melodrama. The title sums it up well. It's very good though, but you have to pay attention all the time or you'll miss a crucial detail; It demands you to be attentive to appreciate all that's happening.

The Sandman - Not even sure why I started watching this, but after sticking with it, I'd definitely recommend it for those into fantasy, or just appreciate some offbeat imaginative TV storytelling. Found it a little difficult to get my head around it early on, but some of the later episodes are exceptional.

Ozark/Better call Saul/Afterlife ( Ricky Gervais).
All the above best tv I've seen.

Back to Life.

An absurdist British comedy about a woman released from prison after eighteen years. It's beautifully observed, and treats some delicate topics with sensitivity.

/Episodes are only around 22 minutes. I've blasted through both series in 24 hours and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last edited:
"Boy Swallows Universe" has been good so far. It's a coming of age drama, set in Brisbane, following the paths of two young brothers being brought up in a drug dealing environment. There have been one or two comic moments as well as some gruesome bits. It's definitely a page-turner if you know what I mean.

"Deadwater Fell".

Centred around a small Scottish community, it's a pretty dark, harrowing 4-parter starring David Tennant. It's very well-acted, but sheesh, it's ripped my heart out.

"Deadwater Fell".

Centred around a small Scottish community, it's a pretty dark, harrowing 4-parter starring David Tennant. It's very well-acted, but sheesh, it's ripped my heart out.
Watched that last night. More than decent.

"Deadwater Fell".

Sounds familiar. Has it been on terrestrial TV? Possibly one of the few series that I’ve sat down at watched.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back