Grimes isn’t playing

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
Magic_Michu
Posts in topic: 1

Grimes isn’t playing

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

At long last... first time in a couple of seasons that Grimes has been dropped (rested)

Fulton & Smith... show us what you’ve got in the middle
Last edited by Magic_Michu on 31 Oct 2020 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

oldjack

Re: Grimes isn’t playing

Unread post by oldjack »

Not before time

LeonWasTheDog's
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by LeonWasTheDog's »

Magic_Michu wrote:
31 Oct 2020 14:03
At long last... first time in a couple of seasons that Grimes has been dropped (rested)

Yeah, I think that breaks a run of nearly 100 straight league games. I can't think of any he's missed in the last couple of seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if we miss him - that's the way these things often roll.

Fireboy

Unread post by Fireboy »

LeonWasTheDog's wrote:
31 Oct 2020 15:01
Magic_Michu wrote:
31 Oct 2020 14:03

Yeah, I think that breaks a run of nearly 100 straight league games. I can't think of any he's missed in the last couple of seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if we miss him - that's the way these things often roll.
He is on the bench you know.

LeonWasTheDog's

Unread post by LeonWasTheDog's »

Fireboy wrote:
31 Oct 2020 15:11
LeonWasTheDog's wrote:
31 Oct 2020 15:01

Starts though. I can't think of when he wasn't started a game (I could be wrong though). It's not an issue of course. It's quite nice to see us having a bit of strength in depth.

PSumbler
Site Admin

Unread post by PSumbler »

LeonWasTheDog's wrote:
31 Oct 2020 15:20
Fireboy wrote:

Starts though. I can't think of when he wasn't started a game (I could be wrong though). It's not an issue of course. It's quite nice to see us having a bit of strength in depth.
Leeds H August 2018 was the last league game he didnt start (including the two play off games last season)

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

Fireboy

Unread post by Fireboy »

LeonWasTheDog's wrote:
31 Oct 2020 15:20
Fireboy wrote:

It surely is mate.

Cooperman

Unread post by Cooperman »

There’s a big difference between dropped (which he hasn’t been) and rested. Cooper making good use of his squad.
These users thanked the author Cooperman for the post:
Goldminer

KrunchyKarrot

Unread post by KrunchyKarrot »

Cooperman wrote:
31 Oct 2020 16:39
There’s a big difference between dropped (which he hasn’t been) and rested. Cooper making good use of his squad.
[/q
Exactly, everyone has periods when they need a rest. I have thought funnily enough that Ayew was struggling and needed a rest then he puts in two performances. Our manager has molded this team with Smith Grimes and Jay rotating more because of Gibbs injury, its a long drag and i see others being rested regularly. All the knockers are looking silly at the moment as Cooper has them playing a solid style with subs slotting in with no impact, good on him i say.

PencoedJack

Unread post by PencoedJack »

KrunchyKarrot wrote:
31 Oct 2020 17:25
Cooperman wrote:
31 Oct 2020 16:39
[/q
Exactly, everyone has periods when they need a rest. I have thought funnily enough that Ayew was struggling and needed a rest then he puts in two performances. Our manager has molded this team with Smith Grimes and Jay rotating more because of Gibbs injury, its a long drag and i see others being rested regularly. All the knockers are looking silly at the moment as Cooper has them playing a solid style with subs slotting in with no impact, good on him i say.

The Cooper bashing is embarrassing about time fans got behind him 👍

lidojack

Unread post by lidojack »

We were a lot more ragged in possession without him today but seemed far more dynamic and positive.
Very encouraging to see that we now have good depth that can also be used for tactical switches if needed.

Dr. Winston

Unread post by Dr. Winston »

Is it a coincidence that we seemed much more attacking for much more of the 90 minutes without Grimes in the middle slowing down possession?

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back"

Swanjaxs

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

Grimes needed to be taken out, its been a long time coming, but make no mistake, there is a player there.
Making him play for his place will only benefit the squad.

We are going to need everyone pulling in the same direction, and with a little bit of fresh blood in January things will be looking good 👍
These users thanked the author Swanjaxs for the post:
Fireboy

You'd rather me with you than against you

PSumbler
Site Admin

Unread post by PSumbler »

Swanjaxs wrote:
01 Nov 2020 09:20
Grimes needed to be taken out, its been a long time coming, but make no mistake, there is a player there.
Making him play for his place will only benefit the squad.

We are going to need everyone pulling in the same direction, and with a little bit of fresh blood in January things will be looking good 👍
What he said :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!