Season 20/21: The Huddersfield v Swansea City Match Thread

The Matchday threads have become somewhat of a legend on Planet Swans. Here, we keep them all for posterity, watch how forum posters react as our games materialise.

Moderator: jackharris

What will the result be against Huddersfield?

Poll ended at 20 Feb 2021 07:48

Huddersfield win
14%
Draw
19%
Swans win
66%

Total votes: 146

Jinxy
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Season 20/21: The Huddersfield v Swansea City Match Thread

Unread post by Jinxy »

PSumbler wrote:
21 Feb 2021 13:45
The simple fact for me is that we look weaker every time we put Naughton in the back three. I think I said at some point yesterday we should play Bennett, Guehi and Cabango as our starting back 3 and not rotate it unless we have an injury. These players should be able to come through two games in a week without needing constant rest.

We miss Smith in the middle which suggests we have to play 3 of these 5 - Smith, Fulton, Grimes, Hourihane and Dhanda.
I agree Phil - I like Kylie as a player, and especially venturing forward. Always a mistake in him in defence I feel.

The defence is a unit, more about organisation than anywhere else on the pitch. Subbing Bennett at HT was risky no matter how off the pace he was - 15 mins at HT is not enough to go through exactly who does what and when IMHO. Hindsight and all that!

Pontyjack
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Pontyjack »

Jinxy wrote:
21 Feb 2021 14:24
PSumbler wrote:
21 Feb 2021 13:45
The simple fact for me is that we look weaker every time we put Naughton in the back three. I think I said at some point yesterday we should play Bennett, Guehi and Cabango as our starting back 3 and not rotate it unless we have an injury. These players should be able to come through two games in a week without needing constant rest.

We miss Smith in the middle which suggests we have to play 3 of these 5 - Smith, Fulton, Grimes, Hourihane and Dhanda.
I agree Phil - I like Kylie as a player, and especially venturing forward. Always a mistake in him in defence I feel.

The defence is a unit, more about organisation than anywhere else on the pitch. Subbing Bennett at HT was risky no matter how off the pace he was - 15 mins at HT is not enough to go through exactly who does what and when IMHO. Hindsight and all that!
Bennett had a calf injury though so surely it would have been far more risky keeping him on ?

Jinxy
Posts in topic: 9

Unread post by Jinxy »

Pontyjack wrote:
21 Feb 2021 14:37
Jinxy wrote:
21 Feb 2021 14:24

Bennett had a calf injury though so surely it would have been far more risky keeping him on ?
Ah apologies - my bad, thought it was a tactical change.

Edit: begs the question I suppose - was he fully fit going into the game.
Last edited by Jinxy on 21 Feb 2021 14:44, edited 1 time in total.