Trans Women in Women’s Sport

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.

Topic author
Darran
Posts in topic: 3

Trans Women in Women’s Sport

Unread post by Darran »

My opinion is that this is really not acceptable.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1744703?__ ... ssion=true
Attachments
E8887A0A-DE8A-4E34-9ABA-DDFA7DE65B4C.jpeg
E8887A0A-DE8A-4E34-9ABA-DDFA7DE65B4C.jpeg (152.33 KiB) Viewed 882 times
20B63A53-158A-4880-B23A-E5283ECD6CDD.jpeg
20B63A53-158A-4880-B23A-E5283ECD6CDD.jpeg (188.57 KiB) Viewed 884 times
77F0ACB0-371D-4A96-9181-71DBCEFDEDA9.jpeg
77F0ACB0-371D-4A96-9181-71DBCEFDEDA9.jpeg (96.33 KiB) Viewed 884 times
Last edited by Darran on 18 Feb 2021 22:17, edited 2 times in total.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

Monty
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Trans Women in Women’s Sport

Unread post by Monty »

Yeah, a 50 year old playing college basketball is a bit strange, but not unheard of.

It’s Easier to Fool People Than to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled

dickythorpe
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by dickythorpe »

Put up with it gents.
If you truly believe "trans" have every right to identify as whoever they believe themselves to be, then they have every right to partake surely?.......otherwise I'm dubious about what your point is.
I'm sure we've mentioned a few times on here that in sport "trans" participants have to be measured for testosterone levels.

thefranchise
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by thefranchise »

dickythorpe wrote:
19 Feb 2021 07:31
Put up with it gents.
If you truly believe "trans" have every right to identify as whoever they believe themselves to be, then they have every right to partake surely?.......otherwise I'm dubious about what your point is.
I'm sure we've mentioned a few times on here that in sport "trans" participants have to be measured for testosterone levels.
They have to have a few years on hormone therapy first.

That's not the only issue though. They have a mans skeleton and musculature and even with the therapy they would still in most cases dominate amateur level sport.

They aren't competing against me, I am not currently coaching anyone they would compete against so I don't really have a dog in this fight. I understand why its a difficult problem to address for sports authorities. I know a few lifting federations are looking to bring in non-binary divisions which in itself is causing a bit of a stir.

Monty
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Monty »

dickythorpe wrote:
19 Feb 2021 07:31
Put up with it gents.
I was actually mocking Darran, I in no way agree with his bullshit. This is about the 3rd time he's done this exact subject this year.

It’s Easier to Fool People Than to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled

MrSwerve

Unread post by MrSwerve »

I totally disagree with this. Allowing trans men into women’s sport makes a mockery of it. Even with hormone blockers etc they will still have a size and strength advantage. Imagine a male rugby player transitioning and then competing with women...it would be dangerous.

It’s a difficult situation, I agree. I think the only fair way is to have some form of ‘non-binary’ class...but even that would have its own issues.

dickythorpe

I don't see what the issue is. We have mismatches now in same sex sport.
All these people who bang on about accepting everyone and respecting their decisions on how they identify themselves..........

MrSwerve

dickythorpe wrote:
19 Feb 2021 10:25
I don't see what the issue is. We have mismatches now in same sex sport.
All these people who bang on about accepting everyone and respecting their decisions on how they identify themselves..........
Dicky, say for example Gareth Thomas decided he wanted to transition and had a few years of treatment. He is then put into a Wales international women’s match, what do you think would happen? He/she would steamroller them. This is the problem...it would make an utter mockery of women’s sport.

My worry is for the effect on women’s sport - I don’t care too much about the whole ‘trans’ thing and how people want to live their life.

We could go the way of mixing male/female/trans in every sport, but you wouldn’t find any women anywhere near the top of physical sports then.

dickythorpe

But with respect Mr.Swerve , if it is allowed then all the ones who demand equal rights and bang on about respecting all should have no issue.
N'est Pas?

MrSwerve

dickythorpe wrote:
19 Feb 2021 10:34
But with respect Mr.Swerve , if it is allowed then all the ones who demand equal rights and bang on about respecting all should have no issue.
N'est Pas?
There’s a difference between respecting people’s rights and how they want to live, and watching people compete with unfair physical advantages. In my opinion, anyway.

A fairly mediocre male trans athlete could mix it with the elite in some women’s sports...and it’s nothing to do with skill.

dickythorpe

Hmmm. Have a good day Mr. Swerve.
We loved watching Jonah lomu bash through certain English rugby players so mismatches as I said already occur in same sex sport.
I bet some "trans" athletes would have show more bravery than Mike Catt et al.

Anyway I have said my peace.

Peace and love
Last edited by dickythorpe on 19 Feb 2021 10:43, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Darran

Unread post by Darran »

MrSwerve wrote:
19 Feb 2021 10:19
I totally disagree with this. Allowing trans men into women’s sport makes a mockery of it. Even with hormone blockers etc they will still have a size and strength advantage. Imagine a male rugby player transitioning and then competing with women...it would be dangerous.

It’s a difficult situation, I agree. I think the only fair way is to have some form of ‘non-binary’ class...but even that would have its own issues.
Of course you do that’s because you *live in the real world and can see things in the way they should be seen. It’s a complete farce.
*Unlike Monty who lives in a bedsit.

Gwyn737
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Gwyn737 »

dickythorpe wrote:
19 Feb 2021 10:34
N'est Pas?
It’s more complex when it comes to safety though, I reckon.

You wouldn’t put a bantamweight with a heavyweight. Same argument despite gender.

dickythorpe

You wouldn't put Jonah lomu in the ring with Mike Catt.......but on a rugby field it was seen as fair game.
But it's obviously a safety issue to some that is very prominent in some sports these days.
Last edited by dickythorpe on 19 Feb 2021 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Darran

Unread post by Darran »