Trans Women in Women’s Sport

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Trans Women in Women’s Sport

Unread post by sainthelens »

MrSwerve wrote:
19 Feb 2021 10:32
dickythorpe wrote:
19 Feb 2021 10:25
I don't see what the issue is. We have mismatches now in same sex sport.
All these people who bang on about accepting everyone and respecting their decisions on how they identify themselves..........
Dicky, say for example Gareth Thomas decided he wanted to transition and had a few years of treatment. He is then put into a Wales international women’s match, what do you think would happen? He/she would steamroller them. This is the problem...it would make an utter mockery of women’s sport.

My worry is for the effect on women’s sport - I don’t care too much about the whole ‘trans’ thing and how people want to live their life.

We could go the way of mixing male/female/trans in every sport, but you wouldn’t find any women anywhere near the top of physical sports then.
Is Gareth Thomas gay then ??

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

Darran wrote:
06 May 2021 10:19
Complete and utter nonsense.

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... ssion=true
I think the International Olympic Committee have dropped a bollock to be honest 😒

You'd rather me with you than against you

Londonlisa2001

Unread post by Londonlisa2001 »

MrSwerve wrote:
dickythorpe wrote:
19 Feb 2021 10:25
I don't see what the issue is. We have mismatches now in same sex sport.
All these people who bang on about accepting everyone and respecting their decisions on how they identify themselves..........
Dicky, say for example Gareth Thomas decided he wanted to transition and had a few years of treatment. He is then put into a Wales international women’s match, what do you think would happen? He/she would steamroller them. This is the problem...it would make an utter mockery of women’s sport.

My worry is for the effect on women’s sport - I don’t care too much about the whole ‘trans’ thing and how people want to live their life.

We could go the way of mixing male/female/trans in every sport, but you wouldn’t find any women anywhere near the top of physical sports then.
Not sure why you’d use Gareth Thomas as an example. 80% of men who transition are heterosexual.
Being transgender and homosexual are two entirely separate things.

MrSwerve
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by MrSwerve »

Londonlisa2001 wrote:
06 May 2021 14:12
MrSwerve wrote:

Not sure why you’d use Gareth Thomas as an example. 80% of men who transition are heterosexual.
As a slightly older and very large male athlete (just like the basketball one in the OP)? It doesn't really matter in the context of my example does it? Use Jamie Roberts instead, then. Or Alun Wyn Jones. Stick them on hormone blockers and I'd like to see what happens when they get put into a female rugby match.

I mentioned nothing about homosexuality. You did.
Last edited by MrSwerve on 06 May 2021 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Glyn1
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by Glyn1 »

I don't see any problem with females being born with a birth defect having that corrected. As would happen if they were born with a hole in the heart, or a cleft lip, or a blood problem. It may cause headaches for sports officials but that is what they are paid to deal with.

Glyn1

Unread post by Glyn1 »

Mr Swerve - Gareth Thomas is gay, not transgender, and there is no link between the two. So let's rewrite that "... Mr Swerve decided he wanted to transition and had a few years of treatment. He is then put into a Wales international women’s match... etc. etc." I agree that that is unbelievable as you wouldn't be fit enough, but neither would most of us be.

Glyn1

Unread post by Glyn1 »

MrSwerve wrote:
06 May 2021 15:29
Londonlisa2001 wrote:
06 May 2021 14:12

As a slightly older and very large male athlete (just like the basketball one in the OP)? It doesn't really matter in the context of my example does it? Use Jamie Roberts instead, then. Or Alun Wyn Jones. Stick them on hormone blockers and I'd like to see what happens when they get put into a female rugby match.

I mentioned nothing about homosexuality. You did.

Glyn1

Unread post by Glyn1 »

"I mentioned nothing about homosexuality. You did." No - it was you who did, when you singled out Gareth Thomas rather than any of his 14 other team mates. Why was that? I normally agree with your posts, but don't treat us as fools.

MrSwerve
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by MrSwerve »

How do you know I’m not fit enough? And no, I mentioned nothing about sexuality. Have a lie down Glyn.

Mentioning someone who is gay doesn’t mean I’m singling them out. There may well be other Welsh rugby players who are gay. As mentioned, trans people can also be straight, so would I be singling out straight people if I mentioned one of those instead?

Anything for a bit of faux outrage.
Last edited by MrSwerve on 07 May 2021 07:41, edited 2 times in total.

Jack2jack

Unread post by Jack2jack »

Stop the world i'd like to get off now please!

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

Jack2jack wrote:
07 May 2021 13:05
Stop the world i'd like to get off now please!
I'll come with you kid 👍😂

You'd rather me with you than against you