Swansea 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1

The Swans have to make do with just a point at the Liberty this evening against Sheffield Wednesday thanks to Andre Ayew's second half equaliser.

However, we were denied what looked like a winning goal in stoppage time with the referee awarding Wednesday a free kick for a reason that only he seems to know about.

Share your thoughts in our matchday thread

Matchday thread here

You can also submit your player ratings here

Investment Thread

It does exactly what it says on the tin. If it's not about football then it belongs in here for discussion. Once again we ask that you respect your fellow posters.

Best_loser
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Investment Thread

Unread post by Best_loser »

When the Dow dropped to 18,000 a few months ago, that was a good time to buy stocks like the tech stocks not affected by covid

With the Dow now close to 30,000 its time to get out imo

I always tell the truth, even when I lie

Trampie
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Trampie »

Take a punt on Chinese drug companies .

Spurs 9/5 to beat Man City after 24 minutes when 1 - 0 up was an excellent investment. ;)

Glasgow Rangers to win the SPL is looking like a good bet.

Get out of commercial and city centre property and get into rural and suburban property.

Check team news ahead of Wales v England in the rugby next week, Wales have been terrible under Pivac.

Topic author
JustJack
Posts in topic: 17

Unread post by JustJack »

Best_loser wrote:
21 Nov 2020 18:41
When the Dow dropped to 18,000 a few months ago, that was a good time to buy stocks like the tech stocks not affected by covid

With the Dow now close to 30,000 its time to get out imo
Unless you think it will keep pushing it's all time highs, as it has done for 40+ years.

Truthfully while you can look for patterns and indicators, there is no logic at all, especially at the moment. I went with my gut and took some profit out before the US election, amid all the inevitable turmoil and uncertainty, but things went the other way and some of my sold stocks went parabolic, such is the game.

The post March recovery was carried mainly on the shoulders of the tech giants, Amazon, Tesla etc, even Bezos himself has said that Amazon's growth in the near future is going to slow down down significantly, and Musk straddles the line between crazy and genius more than anyone in recent history.

If you know the industry, or are comfortable with the risk, there's some serious coin to be made from backing the smaller EV companies, I say smaller in comparison to the behemoth of Tesla. Arcimoto went nuts last week, one I looked at recently, but missed the rise on, sadly.

https://www.arcimoto.com/

Trampie
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Trampie »

The FTSE 100 figure has gone down this century compared to the last day of the last century, so that is nearly 21 years of stagnation, our market is a mature market, more chance of growth in India and Brazil for those willing to take a chance.

Topic author
JustJack

Trampie wrote:
21 Nov 2020 22:38
The FTSE 100 figure has gone down this century compared to the last day of the last century, so that is nearly 21 years of stagnation, our market is a mature market, more chance of growth in India and Brazil for those willing to take a chance.
Oh the FTSE is gash, especially if you're looking for an index to park some funds in.

Like you said, much better option to look at a Developing market WORLD index
Last edited by JustJack on 21 Nov 2020 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
JustJack

I've never been on this train, personally

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55059915

Genuinely shocked when I read it had 'surged 34%', according to the article

(It actually went up $34 and around 6%) !
Last edited by JustJack on 24 Nov 2020 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

Longlostjack
Posts in topic: 6

Unread post by Longlostjack »

JustJack wrote:
24 Nov 2020 19:10
I've never been on this train, personally

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55059915

Genuinely shocked when I read it had 'surged 34%', according to the article

(It actually went up $34 and around 6%) !
Tesla has to be a car crash waiting to happen.