I think we'll win the playoffs.

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
Itchysphincter
Posts in topic: 3

I think we'll win the playoffs.

Unread post by Itchysphincter »

Don't get me wrong - I think we're crap, not the players, just the style. No reason why we can't win them.

Just thought I'd leave it here.

jack123 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 21:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

Hammy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I think we'll win the playoffs.

Unread post by Hammy »

Itchysphincter wrote:
04 May 2021 11:18
Don't get me wrong - I think we're crap, not the players, just the style. No reason why we can't win them.

Just thought I'd leave it here.
Got a nice little double on Swansea and Newport getting promoted :D

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

It's all depends on Ayew in my opinion, if he's up for it then who knows.

Cast your mind back to the Reading game...

Ayew comes on after an hour with not a lot happening, Cabango knocks an aimless ball that flies over Ayews head, AA turnes and gives BC an earful, Ben says something back and Ayew goes absolutely ballistic and has to be held back, 20 seconds later Ayew plays a worldie of a ball inside to Grimes (I think) that's starts the move for Lowes equaliser. Ayew celebrates like he's just won the lottery, then goes on to put us 2-1 up.

So yes, a fired up Ayew could just be enough.
These users thanked the author Swanjaxs for the post (total 2):
swan65split, old cob

You'd rather me with you than against you

thefranchise

Unread post by thefranchise »

Swanjaxs wrote:
04 May 2021 11:52

Ayew comes on after an hour with not a lot happening, Cabango knocks an aimless ball that flies over Ayews head, AA turnes and gives BC an earful, Ben says something back and Ayew goes absolutely ballistic and has to be held back, 20 seconds later Ayew plays a worldie of a ball inside to Grimes (I think) that's starts the move for Lowes equaliser. Ayew celebrates like he's just won the lottery, then goes on to put us 2-1 up.

He's very much a player that loves a big game. He'll be up for it.

AlarchAlmaenig

Unread post by AlarchAlmaenig »

If you look at the squad then Bournemouth have it best. However, the squad isn't important now outsdie the season (unless you have injuries). I still think they are massive favourites.

Barnsley may finish 6th, but they have had good results against both Bournemouth and Brentford, and Dike has added a lot of goals 2nd half of the season. They would probably fancy themselves against those two sidess with their playing style, and want to avoid us. That's probably what will happen. They'll beat Brentford to set up a Bournemouth vs Barnsley final

Us and Brentford could do it on our days. Both quite reliant on Ayew and Toney though, let's call it as it is.

I would give us 20% chance, Brentford 20% chance, Barnsley 25% chance and Bournemouth 35% chance
Last edited by AlarchAlmaenig on 04 May 2021 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

Sherpa

Unread post by Sherpa »

statistically we dont concede many. Expect the semi final to be tight,- could well go to penalties and Freddie has a decent record.

If the positions remain unchanged, Everybody seems scared of Bournemouth yet we are currently 3 points above them. I also reckon Barnsley can shock Brentford.

If we play Barnsley, surely we're not scared of them . Bournemouth and brentford will view their semi as the real final and then come unstuck against whoever they meet at wembley.

The table doesn't lie and we are in the mix as much as the others. They will be looking at us and thinking how can they break us down, whilst keeping Ayew and the overlapping Bids and Conner under wraps at the same time.

Hourihane must not start, and we bring him on if we need a goal or the game is going into extra time. So that he is on the pitch for penalties.

Swanjaxs

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

thefranchise wrote:
04 May 2021 11:56
Swanjaxs wrote:
04 May 2021 11:52

He's very much a player that loves a big game. He'll be up for it.
He needs to be, if we get a couple of 9/10 performances from him in the playoffs then we won't be far away from a date at Wembley, then anything can happen on the day.

You'd rather me with you than against you

sainthelens

Unread post by sainthelens »

If we get to the final, I've a feeling we'll win it against whoever, if it's Muff over 2 legs...just can't see us making it.

Ringwood Jack

Unread post by Ringwood Jack »

A lot depends whether we play with intensity from the off where we can be competitive. We start games far too slow and teams get on top of us too easily ...

MrSwerve

Unread post by MrSwerve »

It's so close...too close to call I think. I wouldn't be surprised whoever goes up. Barnsley perhaps the underdogs and Bournemouth/Brentford probably the favourites, but we have nothing to fear. All we need is 2 goals and to concede none and we are in the PL. :D

Fireboy

Unread post by Fireboy »

MrSwerve wrote:
04 May 2021 13:44
It's so close...too close to call I think. I wouldn't be surprised whoever goes up. Barnsley perhaps the underdogs and Bournemouth/Brentford probably the favourites, but we have nothing to fear. All we need is 2 goals and to concede none and we are in the PL. :D
Simple when you think of it 😁

TheLoneRanger

Unread post by TheLoneRanger »

Fireboy wrote:
04 May 2021 14:26
MrSwerve wrote:
04 May 2021 13:44
Simple when you think of it 😁
Three 0-0 draws, and Freddie in goals for 2 penalty shoot outs - and we're in the Premier League. 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Topic author
Itchysphincter
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Itchysphincter »

We owe Barnsley one in the playoffs and there's no place for a bus stop in Hounslow in the Premier League. We've been better than muff for most of the season so I don't see what there is to stop us really.

jack123 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 21:08
:lol: :lol: :lol: You should seek therapy, with thoughts like you have.. Dr P is the best thing since sliced bread.

old cob

Unread post by old cob »

I just hope we have more up our sleeve tactics-wise than just "give it to Ayew" whenever we are in trouble. Let's give him a chance and not keep passing the bad ball on to him.

CurtessECarr

Unread post by CurtessECarr »

The only two players who strike a bit of fear into the opposition are Ayew and Toney IMO. However Bmouth are the best team we've played over 2 games. We are likely to play them in the semi. I just hope if that's the case that they have an attitude of we just need to turn up.

Summers coming time to dream the day away. :)