Games Left 08-05-2021

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Captain_Sham
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Games Left 21-04-2021

Unread post by Captain_Sham »

We have much better odds if we only have to play them once. Think Bonecrusher Smith against Frank Bruno.(1 punch in the 10th)

Its just a ride.

JackFish
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by JackFish »

Barnsley winning, they'll only be a couple of points behind us if they hold on to that. More importantly Reading are drawing at Luton, which is great news for us.

Swansea93
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Swansea93 »

JackFish wrote:
21 Apr 2021 21:15
Barnsley winning, they'll only be a couple of points behind us if they hold on to that. More importantly Reading are drawing at Luton, which is great news for us.
Daryl Dike scores his 9th goal since joining on loan from the MLS in January, shame Morris picked up that injury or he may have seen a similar impact for us.

Captain_Sham

Huddersfield away has been a disastrous fixture for us recently.
The Ayew sending off that turned our season in the Prem, and then the 4-1 this season that saw Bennet an Morris injured and also saw the obliteration of our watertight defence. Both seasons have turned on that fixture. Strange.
Last edited by Captain_Sham on 21 Apr 2021 21:34, edited 2 times in total.

Its just a ride.

Captain_Sham

The good/bad news is that a draw is now good enough to confirm playoffs on Sat. Expect an 8-1-1 formation.
These users thanked the author Captain_Sham for the post (total 2):
JackFish, JackSomething

Its just a ride.

Fireboy

Unread post by Fireboy »

Captain_Sham wrote:
21 Apr 2021 21:44
The good/bad news is that a draw is now good enough to confirm playoffs on Sat. Expect an 8-1-1 formation.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Captain_Sham

Has Derby changed its name officially to "Wayne Rooneys Derby County" yet. I'm figuring they must have as I haven't heard them called anything else since Christmas.

Its just a ride.

Skippyjack

Unread post by Skippyjack »

Captain_Sham wrote:
22 Apr 2021 13:42
Has Derby changed its name officially to "Wayne Rooneys Derby County" yet. I'm figuring they must have as I haven't heard them called anything else since Christmas.
They've got to be.. I'm not surprised they're fighting relegation with Rooney in charge, he's as thick as two planks, nevermind the granny sh*gging and chain smoking habit he's got.

Captain_Sham

Re: Games Left 24-04-2021

Its no secret I have a lot of time for our manager but listening to his pre match conference I do wonder if he has blown a gasket in his noggin. He sounds like he has other things on his mind. His sentences trail off like hes just remembered something important." Did I leave the gas on?" He seems to say.
Last edited by Captain_Sham on 23 Apr 2021 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

Its just a ride.

J_B
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by J_B »

Brentford were outstanding there and Bournemouth a bit disappointing. Both miles better than anything we've produced in a long while.

mrploppy

Unread post by mrploppy »

Captain_Sham wrote:
23 Apr 2021 17:48
Its no secret I have a lot of time for our manager but listening to his pre match conference I do wonder if he has blown a gasket in his noggin. He sounds like he has other things on his mind. His sentences trail off like hes just remembered something important." Did I leave the gas on?" He seems to say.
That's exactly how I felt listening to him. He sounded exhausted, like he'd lost all his enthusiasm.

monmouth
Posts in topic: 14

Unread post by monmouth »

mrploppy wrote:
24 Apr 2021 15:27

That's exactly how I felt listening to him. He sounded exhausted, like he'd lost all his enthusiasm.
He’s finally got a dose of what he’s done to us then. Most players are probably well fucked off with the idiot and his ridiculous selections, formations and tactics by now too. Who the hell wants to waste their career going backwards and leathering the ball as far as they can forwards. Hardly the stuff of dreams of a young footballer.

mrploppy

Unread post by mrploppy »

monmouth wrote:
24 Apr 2021 15:49
mrploppy wrote:
24 Apr 2021 15:27

He’s finally got a dose of what he’s done to us then. Most players are probably well fucked off with the idiot and his ridiculous selections, formations and tactics by now too. Who the hell wants to waste their career going backwards and leathering the ball as far as they can forwards. Hardly the stuff of dreams of a young footballer.
Can't say I agree with that, but then you've had an anti-Cooper agenda for a while. When things don't go to plan on the field I tend to blame the players. Grimes slows everything down in midfield and he has 2 types of pass in his locker - one to the left wingback/fullback, and one to the right wingback/fullback. Hourihane is a waste of a shirt - if I had a penny for every hospital pass he's given ... Fulton's been our best midfielder by a country mile this season. Lowe traps the ball further than I can kick it - scores a goal very now and then, but basically doesn't play well with others. Ayew - well, he's undroppable because he's on £80K a week. Whitaker's not really ready for this level yet. Smith is OK, but often anonymous. Dhanda - another waste of a shirt. Routledge is way past it. Woodman, either lumps it long to nobody or straight into touch - and he's suspect at set pieces. Add to that a lack of movement, and a lack of desire to be brave on the ball and you get pretty sterile football. Basically, a lot of our players are just not good enough. But, yes, it's Cooper's fault.

legoman

Unread post by legoman »

mrploppy wrote:
24 Apr 2021 16:29
monmouth wrote:
24 Apr 2021 15:49

Can't say I agree with that, but then you've had an anti-Cooper agenda for a while. When things don't go to plan on the field I tend to blame the players. Grimes slows everything down in midfield and he has 2 types of pass in his locker - one to the left wingback/fullback, and one to the right wingback/fullback. Hourihane is a waste of a shirt - if I had a penny for every hospital pass he's given ... Fulton's been our best midfielder by a country mile this season. Lowe traps the ball further than I can kick it - scores a goal very now and then, but basically doesn't play well with others. Ayew - well, he's undroppable because he's on £80K a week. Whitaker's not really ready for this level yet. Smith is OK, but often anonymous. Dhanda - another waste of a shirt. Routledge is way past it. Woodman, either lumps it long to nobody or straight into touch - and he's suspect at set pieces. Add to that a lack of movement, and a lack of desire to be brave on the ball and you get pretty sterile football. Basically, a lot of our players are just not good enough. But, yes, it's Cooper's fault.
Otherwise ok?

Pegojack
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Pegojack »

Watford seal second spot (are you listening, Cooper, you twunt?).