Are the playoffs ‘nailed on’?

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Are the playoffs (at least) almost a certainty?

You may select 1 option

View results

Topic author
MrSwerve
Posts in topic: 3

Are the playoffs ‘nailed on’?

Unread post by MrSwerve »

A month ago it looked like the playoffs were a certainty and it was a battle for the autos (which it still is, I suppose). Recent results and a drop in performance has made me start to ‘look down’ a bit more. 10 points ahead of Bournemouth in 7th, with a game in hand over them...how do we feel?

JBT95
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Are the playoffs ‘nailed on’?

Unread post by JBT95 »

Yes they all but are, unless we implode completely. We have 69 pts now after 36 games, we had 70 after 46 games last season.

Put it another way, Cardiff are 9th and they are highly unlikely to finish 6th now.
Last edited by JBT95 on 17 Mar 2021 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

Probably harder not to make the playoffs now to be honest.

Still scratching my head as to why we are so well placed.
These users thanked the author Swanjaxs for the post:
EagleEye

You'd rather me with you than against you

Cooperman

Unread post by Cooperman »

Nailed on.

Swansea93

Unread post by Swansea93 »

Wouldn’t it be bittersweet beating Brentford in a play off final

JackFish
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by JackFish »

Not quite I guess but with games against Wycombe, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham and Preston to come if we don’t make the top six it’ll be a worse collapse than Forest last season.

old cob

Unread post by old cob »

Our earlier success was based on a back five with three big guys in the middle. Guehi, Bennett and Cabango. Now we play with little Kyle Naughton as a centre-back, and Cabango, who is one of our top scorers by the way, unable to get a place. Okay, Guehi is injured at present, but Latibeaudierre is our other centre back instead of him. This is not anti-Naughton, I think he's playing reasonably, but our success, I repeat was with three big men there. Is Cooper deliberately trying to sabotage us? Tomorrow will be another presser from Cooper, and if it's like all his other pressers he'll talk a lot but tell you nothing
Last edited by old cob on 17 Mar 2021 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

sainthelens

Unread post by sainthelens »

Tbh after last night I'm not 100%sure. Cant mask the fact we've been piss poor, and if the unthinkable happens Saturday with another bad show we've every right to be concerned.
Personally, I think we'll turn the corner, but have been saying that before every one of last 5/6games.
A win Saturday night tho will see us kick on.......hopefully!

monmouth
Posts in topic: 6

Unread post by monmouth »

Swansea93 wrote:
17 Mar 2021 18:44
Wouldn’t it be bittersweet beating Brentford in a play off final
No mate, it wouldn’t. It would just be sweet, very sweet.

monmouth

old cob wrote:
17 Mar 2021 18:52
Our earlier success was based on a back five with three big guys in the middle. Guehi, Bennett and Cabango. Now we play with little Kyle Naughton as a centre-back, and Cabango, who is one of our top scorers by the way, unable to get a place. Okay, Guehi is injured at present, but Latibeaudierre is our other centre back instead of him. This is not anti-Naughton, I think he's playing reasonably, but our success, I repeat was with three big men there. Is Cooper deliberately trying to sabotage us? Tomorrow will be another presser from Cooper, and if it's like all his other pressers he'll talk a lot but tell you nothing
We’d be much better the way we play with Big Ben up front rather than Lowe or Ayew, and pack the midfield and defence with the other 10. That started tongue in cheek, but really, I think it would be a more honest approach to Cooperball.

cmajack

Unread post by cmajack »

old cob wrote:
17 Mar 2021 18:52
Need 3 big men at the back against Cardiff because you know what is coming , constant balls fired up to Keiffer Moore and long throws galore.

monmouth

cmajack wrote:
17 Mar 2021 20:08

Need 3 big men at the back against Cardiff because you know what is coming , constant balls fired up to Keiffer Moore and long throws galore.
Luckily, we’ll provide a striking contrast. Constant balls fired up to nobody and long throws galore.
These users thanked the author monmouth for the post:
Badlands

cmajack

Unread post by cmajack »

monmouth wrote:
17 Mar 2021 20:13
cmajack wrote:
17 Mar 2021 20:08

Luckily, we’ll provide a striking contrast. Constant balls fired up to nobody and long throws galore.
Or slow passing sideways and backwards between the midfield and defence and then fired upfield to no one. The way we are at the moment we should have signed a target man in the last transfer window, because we haven't had much use of the players we did sign.

A4Jack

Unread post by A4Jack »

Scary that Barnsley sre now 5 points behind us. Sure it was more like 20 when we won up there

Nocountryforoldjack

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

More to the point is are we nailed on to win the playoffs? if we play them like we have been playing we will fail .simply we have to improve .
These users thanked the author Nocountryforoldjack for the post:
Badlands