Freddie Woodman

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
Richard
Posts in topic: 2

Freddie Woodman

Unread post by Richard »

Another good performance. Deserves his own thread.
Last edited by Richard on 16 Jan 2021 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

Swanseafan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Freddy Woodman

Unread post by Swanseafan »

That will upset a few on the other site who have been saying he is distinctly average.

Topic author
Richard

Re: Freddy Woodman

Unread post by Richard »

Swanseafan wrote:
16 Jan 2021 22:44
That will upset a few on the other site who have been saying he is distinctly average.
WalesOnline are reporting that Arsenal are tracking him.

eteb

Re: Freddie Woodman

Unread post by eteb »

trust, scummeronline trying to derail us. They also reported that they stole watters from us :')

Swanseaborn
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Swanseaborn »

I mean that one save was world class tonight. He’s loving life in Swansea and we’ll reap the benefits of it. 14 clean sheets this season is fantastic

A4Jack

Unread post by A4Jack »

Just hope the Arsenal interest isn’t genuine. Twitter suggestions that it might be. Think Newcastle would cash in too as they have a number of keeper options.

Then we would realise how good he was

Fireboy

Unread post by Fireboy »

A4Jack wrote:
16 Jan 2021 23:23
Just hope the Arsenal interest isn’t genuine. Twitter suggestions that it might be. Think Newcastle would cash in too as they have a number of keeper options.

Then we would realise how good he was
On a positive note, I've heard that the gooners have been tracking 2 other goalkeepers as well as freddie, let's hope Newcastle hold out.
These users thanked the author Fireboy for the post:
A4Jack

Chief

Unread post by Chief »

This guy unfortunately seems more credible than Walesonline

Swansea93
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by Swansea93 »

Might explain the Hamer deal

JackSomething

Unread post by JackSomething »

From what I can tell, they signed a 25-year old Icelandic international keeper in the summer to back up Leno when they sold Martinez to Villa. Now they may be willing to let him go out on loan and sign someone else to sit on the bench.

I'm going to be optimistic here, maybe naively so. I understand the allure of moving to a big club and being just one injury or suspension away from starting for Arsenal, not to mention the money. But, he's going back to the bench if he goes there and may not play another game this season. If they rate this Icelandic guy, he may be 3rd choice next season.

He's starting every game for a team pushing for automatic promotion to the PL and he's doing his reputation the world of good with his performances here. No matter what happens to us this season, I would think he'd have a wide array of suitors in the summer.

Fingers crossed it's just paper/Twatter talk.
Last edited by JackSomething on 17 Jan 2021 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

Chief

Unread post by Chief »

JackSomething wrote:
17 Jan 2021 00:46
From what I can tell, they signed a 25-year old Icelandic international keeper in the summer to back up Leno when they sold Martinez to Villa. Now they may be willing to let him go out on loan and sign someone else to sit on the bench.

I'm going to be optimistic here, maybe naively so. I understand the allure of moving to a big club and being just one injury or suspension away from starting for Arsenal, not to mention the money. But, he's going back to the bench if he goes there and may not play another game this season. If they rate this Icelandic guy, he may be 3rd choice next season.

He's starting every game for a team pushing for automatic promotion to the PL and he's doing his reputation the world of good with his performances here. No matter what happens to us this season, I would think he'd have a wide array of suitors in the summer.

Runarsson when he has played for them this season has been terrible.

Swansea93

Turns out Woodmans dad is Arsenal's U23 Head Of Goalkeeping

JackSomething

Unread post by JackSomething »

Chief wrote:
17 Jan 2021 01:05
JackSomething wrote:

Thanks, wasn't aware of that. If what Swansea93 has posted is also true, my optimism is fading fast.

Swansea93

JackSomething wrote:
17 Jan 2021 01:46
Chief wrote:

Thanks, wasn't aware of that. If what Swansea93 has posted is also true, my optimism is fading fast.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andy-wo ... iner/15362

Manselton Jack

Unread post by Manselton Jack »

Chief wrote:
JackSomething wrote:

They sold Martinez to Villa, signed Runarsson as a replacement & have already decided he's not good enough.