Max Watters

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
Magic_Michu
Posts in topic: 2

Max Watters

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

Now is the time to show some ambition... pay for £1 million and get this boy in.

16 goals in 17 games this season... he looks the real deal, with Premier League and European clubs sniffing around him. Just get in there and get it done.
These users thanked the author Magic_Michu for the post:
old cob

Ringwood Jack
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Max Watters

Unread post by Ringwood Jack »

We won't spend that on a L2 player not a chance !

Swanseaborn

Unread post by Swanseaborn »

Seems like Watters isn’t the only league 2 striker we’re after. Some talk of us looking at Paul Mullins at Cambridge United too. 19 goals in 23 games this season, 17 in 19 in the league.

26 years old, so older than Watters, but a bit like Watters in which this is his break out season. What could be the deciding factor is that he’s out of contract at the end of the season.

We’re obviously going after a certain profile of player, although as I’ve said previously, I’d prefer to go for Jephcott at Plymouth

Badlands

Unread post by Badlands »

It might work but in MHO the step up from L2 to Championship is greater than Championship to PL ... Brewster and James are examples.

magicdaps10

Unread post by magicdaps10 »

Watters contract is only until the summer with an option in there to extend it to next season.

I would be amazed if Watters goes for 1M, maybe a club might lose its cool and pay it near the end of the window and that is ultimately what game Crawley are playing.

I think clubs are looking to add with this 2 test coming in, inevitably players are going to be lost during the season, injuries and suspensions on top of this makes the squad more important than ever so clubs will not want to lose players like previous seasons.

Topic author
Magic_Michu

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

Maybe £500k rising to around the million mark with adds ons based on goals scored, promotion etc

His scoring record is absurd... we need to try and get this deal done.

BLAZE
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by BLAZE »

What's this guys story then? Born and raised in London where there's more clubs scouting per square mile than probably anywhere else in the world, yet no youth pedigree that I can see. Late to the game was he, or just a late bloomer?

Swansea93
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by Swansea93 »

Magic_Michu wrote:
08 Jan 2021 15:53
Maybe £500k rising to around the million mark with adds ons based on goals scored, promotion etc

They rate him at 2M, but they won't get that.

Raynor94

Unread post by Raynor94 »

Ringwood Jack wrote:
07 Jan 2021 15:05
We won't spend that on a L2 player not a chance !
I certainly hope we won't, could well be half a season wonder, and certainly nowhere worth a million
These users thanked the author Raynor94 for the post (total 2):
Dr. Winston, Spljack

karnataka

Unread post by karnataka »

Swansea93 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 17:01
Magic_Michu wrote:
08 Jan 2021 15:53

They rate him at 2M, but they won't get that.
if you want to get £1000 for your car, you wouldn't advertise it @ £1000 would you.

Builthjack

Unread post by Builthjack »

Swanseaborn wrote:
08 Jan 2021 11:55
Seems like Watters isn’t the only league 2 striker we’re after. Some talk of us looking at Paul Mullins at Cambridge United too. 19 goals in 23 games this season, 17 in 19 in the league.

26 years old, so older than Watters, but a bit like Watters in which this is his break out season. What could be the deciding factor is that he’s out of contract at the end of the season.

We’re obviously going after a certain profile of player, although as I’ve said previously, I’d prefer to go for Jephcott at Plymouth
I read back about 6 months ago that Cooper wanted Jephcott. He was valued at about £400k then. My guess is the club wouldn't pay it. Plymouth want £2m now.

Swanseaborn

Unread post by Swanseaborn »

Builthjack wrote:
09 Jan 2021 18:38
Swanseaborn wrote:
08 Jan 2021 11:55

I read back about 6 months ago that Cooper wanted Jephcott. He was valued at about £400k then. My guess is the club wouldn't pay it. Plymouth want £2m now.
The gut wrenching thing about this is that we paid that for Joel Asoro

eteb
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by eteb »

doing some classic youtube scouting but this guy looks the real deal - strong, quick, good technique

thefranchise

Unread post by thefranchise »

he's playing today vs Leeds

airedale

Unread post by airedale »

Yep, he’s on the bench for Creepy.

And just missed a sitter.
Last edited by airedale on 10 Jan 2021 15:04, edited 1 time in total.