Sheffield United

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
PSumbler
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 24

Re: Sheffield United

Unread post by PSumbler »

Cooperman wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:34
airedale wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:21
Is Chris Wilder protecting Brewster? Maybe they’re reconciled to demotion and are keeping the youngster out of it so as not to damage his development. If they keep him, he could be an important factor in getting the promoted next season.
They purchased him to spearhead their survival from relegation. I'm not seeing the logic in picking the two strikers that started today over Brewster.
Sheffield United certainly arent a team in a position to pay that kind of money for a player they want post relegation

I think Wilder is losing the plot quite rapidly, it wouldn't surprise me to see them change him - teams show little loyalty when things start going wrong

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

Cooperman
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Cooperman »

PSumbler wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:44
Cooperman wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:34

They purchased him to spearhead their survival from relegation. I'm not seeing the logic in picking the two strikers that started today over Brewster.
Sheffield United certainly arent a team in a position to pay that kind of money for a player they want post relegation

I think Wilder is losing the plot quite rapidly, it wouldn't surprise me to see them change him - teams show little loyalty when things start going wrong
Fully agree on the first sentence although not sure about the losing the plot bit. For Sheffield United this season see 'Uddersfield a few seasons back. They simply got found out and a general lack of quality caught up with them. I rate Wilder quite highly for what he's done with The Blades.

MrSwerve
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by MrSwerve »

airedale wrote:
13 Dec 2020 20:21
Is Chris Wilder protecting Brewster? Maybe they’re reconciled to demotion and are keeping the youngster out of it so as not to damage his development. If they keep him, he could be an important factor in getting the promoted next season.
Surely not playing a player damages development more than anything?

Doesn't matter anyway, he'll be coming to us after we swap places with Sheff Utd next season. :D

MrSwerve

Unread post by MrSwerve »

I'm kind of amazed that Wilder is still there to be honest. It's a bit refreshing to see a club stick with a manager, especially after what he did last season with them, but (PL) money talks. 1 point from 12 games isn't some sort of blip...it's a bit scandalous considering where they finished last season.

It's a bit early to say that they are 100% down (they're 8 points off safety), but you certainly wouldn't want to put a bet on it.

Cooperman
Posts in topic: 3

Unread post by Cooperman »

A quick Google reveals that Sunderland hold the record for the lowest points total at the 15 game mark - 5 points achieved in the 2005/6 season.

They have Man Utd up next so that’s a highly probable three points :lol:
Brighton then follows which is another opportunity for a win.

They could be mid table by early January.
These users thanked the author Cooperman for the post:
PSumbler

J_B
Posts in topic: 6

Unread post by J_B »

With both strikers injured (Mcburnie and Sharp) in the last match you would have thought record signing Brewster would start tonight.

Nope. Two other strikers start and Brewster stays on the bench...

Swanjaxs
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by Swanjaxs »

Blades 1 up, could be OGS swansong if this goes titsup

You'd rather me with you than against you

Topic author
PSumbler
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 24

Unread post by PSumbler »

1-2 down now ;-)

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

JackSomething

Unread post by JackSomething »

Swanjaxs wrote:
17 Dec 2020 20:15
You'd think that, wouldn't you, based on the media coverage he gets and Man United's inconsistency? Yet if they played their game in hand now and won it, they'd be 2nd in the table and 2 points behind Liverpool despite having massive issues with their squad.

Their ludicrous away form is keeping them up near the top of the table. If they're still unbeaten away after their next 2 games (Leicester and Liverpool), then OGS will deserve some credit. They need to do better in home games clearly.

TheLoneRanger
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by TheLoneRanger »

JackSomething wrote:
18 Dec 2020 10:40
Swanjaxs wrote:
17 Dec 2020 20:15
You'd think that, wouldn't you, based on the media coverage he gets and Man United's inconsistency? Yet if they played their game in hand now and won it, they'd be 2nd in the table and 2 points behind Liverpool despite having massive issues with their squad.

Their ludicrous away form is keeping them up near the top of the table. If they're still unbeaten away after their next 2 games (Leicester and Liverpool), then OGS will deserve some credit. They need to do better in home games clearly.
Their away form is unbelievable, they've won their last 6 away league matches.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

J_B

Unread post by J_B »

Brewster starts at Brighton...

westside

Unread post by westside »

Blades 1 up at brighton

KrunchyKarrot

Unread post by KrunchyKarrot »

Never a red card for me?

Lifelong

Unread post by Lifelong »

KrunchyKarrot wrote:
20 Dec 2020 13:43
Never a red card for me?
Even Roy Keane thought it was a red card.

Manselton Jack

Unread post by Manselton Jack »

Over a third of the season gone & they have 2 points :shock: