SWANSEA CITY v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

The Swans will take on the Owls on Wednesday evening looking for a fourth consecutive league win at the Liberty.

Starting the midweek fixtures in 4th place in the table, Steve Cooper will be wanting his side to build on the weekend win over Rotherham and add three more points to our promotion chasing tally.

You can keep up to date with all the build up ahead of the game using our matchday thread - preview, pre-match comments and Sheffield Wednesday last match all now online for you to enjoy.

Read more here

Two home wins in a row

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
PSumbler
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Two home wins in a row

Unread post by PSumbler »

We haven't won two home league games in a row since we won three in a row at the start of Cooper's reign

We did win two in a row if you include the wins against Bristol City and Brentford at the end of last season

Good chance to change that on Saturday ?

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

Fireboy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Two home wins in a row

Unread post by Fireboy »

PSumbler wrote:
28 Oct 2020 08:43
We haven't won two home league games in a row since we won three in a row at the start of Cooper's reign

We did win two in a row if you include the wins against Bristol City and Brentford at the end of last season

Yes imo, yes blackburn can score but they can also concede, we have a decent defence and after last nights showing especially the first half I'm quite confident we can turn them over.

Cooperman

Unread post by Cooperman »

Fireboy wrote:
28 Oct 2020 08:59
PSumbler wrote:
28 Oct 2020 08:43

Yes imo, yes blackburn can score but they can also concede, we have a decent defence and after last nights showing especially the first half I'm quite confident we can turn them over.
I agree with that.

Jacket

Unread post by Jacket »

Perhaps it wasn't them, it was us.

airedale

Unread post by airedale »

I’m happy again with our recent defence performances, reminding me of when Ash was here.

bakajack

Unread post by bakajack »

airedale wrote:
29 Oct 2020 11:26
I’m happy again with our recent defence performances, reminding me of when Ash was here.
Bennett doesn't have the laser guided cross field long pass to the wingers in his locker that Ash used to bring (though for that to work we would need to employ wingers). However I do get that feeling of reassurance from having him there in the middle to shepherd the younger lads either side of him.
These users thanked the author bakajack for the post (total 2):
Fireboy, PSumbler

Fireboy
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Fireboy »

bakajack wrote:
30 Oct 2020 23:13
airedale wrote:
29 Oct 2020 11:26
Bennett doesn't have the laser guided cross field long pass to the wingers in his locker that Ash used to bring (though for that to work we would need to employ wingers). However I do get that feeling of reassurance from having him there in the middle to shepherd the younger lads either side of him.
Absolutely spot on, bennett is the calming influence which will bring on and make guehi and cabango better players.