The first step towards ownership change?

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
swansnews
Posts in topic: 1

The first step towards ownership change?

Unread post by swansnews »

It is never a quiet day at Swansea City but last night’s confirmation that the records had been filed at companies house of the resignation of Steve...

Read more

Ringwood Jack

Re: The first step towards ownership change?

Unread post by Ringwood Jack »

The American owners track record of Sports clubs ownership has been woeful to say the least. The club has gone backwards at a rate of knots since the sale so is this the time to look at a reset?

jacabertawe

Unread post by jacabertawe »

The Trust statement

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2020/10/06 ... ve-kaplan/

Where it says "As a company filed in Delaware, we have no visibility on the ownership structure of that company", is there not a way to get this info from USA sources?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Swanseaborn

Unread post by Swanseaborn »

jacabertawe wrote:
06 Oct 2020 09:50
The Trust statement

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2020/10/06 ... ve-kaplan/

Where it says "As a company filed in Delaware, we have no visibility on the ownership structure of that company", is there not a way to get this info from USA sources?
Filing in Delaware is like offshore accounts, so details can be kept private

Darran

Unread post by Darran »

Ringwood Jack wrote:
06 Oct 2020 09:29
The American owners track record of Sports clubs ownership has been woeful to say the least. The club has gone backwards at a rate of knots since the sale so is this the time to look at a reset?
Good tweet here.

These users thanked the author Darran for the post (total 4):
Longlostjack, Witneyjack, Garyjack, LeonWasTheDog's

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

Badlands

Unread post by Badlands »

Ringwood Jack wrote:
Woeful!
How so?

waynekerr55

Unread post by waynekerr55 »

Badlands wrote:
06 Oct 2020 15:57
Ringwood Jack wrote:
Woeful!
How so?
Forgetting everything else look at the shìtshow we currently have

Nocountryforoldjack

Unread post by Nocountryforoldjack »

waynekerr55 wrote:
06 Oct 2020 20:08
Badlands wrote:
06 Oct 2020 15:57

Woeful!
How so?
Forgetting everything else look at the shìtshow we currently have

you are wasting your time bro

Garyjack
Posts in topic: 7

Unread post by Garyjack »

swansnews wrote:
06 Oct 2020 08:14
It is never a quiet day at Swansea City but last night’s confirmation that the records had been filed at companies house of the resignation of Steve...

Read more
Interesting article, though i'm becoming increasingly frustrated with people referencing loans from Jake Silverstein and the Yank shareholders, when there is nothing listed on Companies House regarding any loans from anyone?

PSumbler
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Unread post by PSumbler »

Garyjack wrote:
06 Oct 2020 21:32
swansnews wrote:
06 Oct 2020 08:14

Read more
Interesting article, though i'm becoming increasingly frustrated with people referencing loans from Jake Silverstein and the Yank shareholders, when there is nothing listed on Companies House regarding any loans from anyone?
I thought there was reference at companies house of the convertible loan from Silverstein?

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

Garyjack

PSumbler wrote:
06 Oct 2020 21:37
Garyjack wrote:
06 Oct 2020 21:32

I thought there was reference at companies house of the convertible loan from Silverstein?
Not according to EXCB Phil?

PSumbler
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Unread post by PSumbler »

Garyjack wrote:
06 Oct 2020 21:40
PSumbler wrote:

I've not seen what he said but I've definitely seen a few post that his loan is registered there (maybe that was on twitter mind)

Kaplan and Levien are probably waiting for hell to freeze over before they put their hand in their pockets

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

exiledclaseboy
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by exiledclaseboy »

Garyjack wrote:
PSumbler wrote:

I may have missed it. Apologies if it’s there and I misled. I haven’t looked since mind. The only reference to Silverstein I could see was his appointment as a director.

“One of the great attractions of patriotism - it fulfills our worst wishes. In the person of our nation we are able, vicariously, to bully and cheat. Bully and cheat, what's more, with a feeling that we are profoundly virtuous.”

Garyjack

PSumbler wrote:
06 Oct 2020 21:43
Garyjack wrote:

I've not seen what he said but I've definitely seen a few post that his loan is registered there (maybe that was on twitter mind)

Kaplan and Levien are probably waiting for hell to freeze over before they put their hand in their pockets
Twitter eh. And as you say nothing from the hedge fund as yet to match it? :lol:

Garyjack

exiledclaseboy wrote:
06 Oct 2020 21:44
Garyjack wrote:

I may have missed it. Apologies if it’s there and I misled. I haven’t looked since mind. The only reference to Silverstein I could see was his appointment as a director.
Since we have stopped hating each other, i have regarded you as the font of all knowledge, then you let me down like this! How could you? :o