The Official Preston North End vs Swansea City Match Thread

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Thrasher
Posts in topic: 3

Re: The Official Preston North End vs Swansea City Match Thread

Unread post by Thrasher »

Swanseafan wrote:
12 Sep 2020 20:13
I will take a 1 nil win away any day off the week. Another master class of tactics from Cooper. We could never defend a 1 nil lead under Potter. We would always concede from corners.
Thanks Steve...

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

airedale
Posts in topic: 10

Unread post by airedale »

Why do we always give corners away at the death? Winds one up something chronic.

Baron Goblet
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Baron Goblet »

Thanks Wayne

ps

Helen, the narrow win be achieved using a large wooden horse up front
Last edited by Baron Goblet on 12 Sep 2020 20:52, edited 2 times in total.

sainthelens
Posts in topic: 5

Unread post by sainthelens »

Excellent win , certainly didn't envisage that so well done lads.
BUT....as time is going on, we aren't aloud to go see our team, plus having watched some live games on TV today , I'm quickly falling outa love with the game. Football all bout the fans for me, and everything starting to look very hollow now. I can't be the only one with this view, and whilst I'm 50 plus vat, I feel the game could lose a whole generation of supporters the longer this all goes on.

Darran
Posts in topic: 1

Unread post by Darran »

sainthelens wrote:
12 Sep 2020 21:02
BUT....as time is going on, we aren't aloud to go see our team, plus having watched some live games on TV today , I'm quickly falling outa love with the game. Football all bout the fans for me, and everything starting to look very hollow now. I can't be the only one with this view, and whilst I'm 50 plus vat, I feel the game could lose a whole generation of supporters the longer this all goes on.
I’ve got a similarish view. It’s not overly enjoyable.
These users thanked the author Darran for the post:
Badlands

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award

PSumbler
Site Admin

Unread post by PSumbler »

Darran wrote:
12 Sep 2020 21:07
sainthelens wrote:
it is increasingly difficult to watch games - its just not the same without fans in the ground

Been running this place since 2001, still gives me a headache now!

LeonWasTheDog's

Unread post by LeonWasTheDog's »

sainthelens wrote:
The emotion’s been stripped from the game for sure, so I know what you mean. But I still find it interesting. I just like watching football though of any sort; I happily stop and watch amateur games in the park if I’m passing.
These users thanked the author LeonWasTheDog's for the post:
Badlands

Badlands

Unread post by Badlands »

Swanseafan wrote:
I will take a 1 nil win away any day off the week. Another master class of tactics from Cooper. We could never defend a 1 nil lead under Potter. We would always concede from corners.
Just like we didn't last season.
'masterclass' my hairy, white a**e.
Another failure to build on a lead that almost cost us two points and when players are a little sharper as the season goes on all cost us points as happened from September to February last season.

Longlostjack
Posts in topic: 8

Unread post by Longlostjack »

sainthelens wrote:
Very true St.Helens. Football has been ruined by money. Will it become more elitist? Probably in the short term as the smaller cubs go to the wall. That’ll be the ultimate death of the professional game as we know it today. Love watching my son in the local league here though and football will never die. At the end of the day the demise of the money obsessed Premier League could be a good thing for the game. We could get back to near the top of Division 1 again. I have a dream!!

Cooperman
Posts in topic: 16

Unread post by Cooperman »

PSumbler wrote:
12 Sep 2020 21:34
Darran wrote:
12 Sep 2020 21:07

it is increasingly difficult to watch games - its just not the same without fans in the ground
I struggle watching a game if there is no artificial crowd buzz.

Risc
Posts in topic: 6

Unread post by Risc »

Badlands wrote:
12 Sep 2020 22:20
Swanseafan wrote:
Another failure to build on a lead that almost cost us two points and when players are a little sharper as the season goes on all cost us points as happened from September to February last season.
Normally would agree BL, but to be fair Gibbs White was knackered, they had to bring Fulton on which made us naturally more defence minded. We are one or two players short from being a good side, but unfortunately losing any of our starting XI could be disastrous.
These users thanked the author Risc for the post:
Badlands

KrunchyKarrot

Unread post by KrunchyKarrot »

Risc wrote:
13 Sep 2020 06:34
Badlands wrote:
12 Sep 2020 22:20

Normally would agree BL, but to be fair Gibbs White was knackered, they had to bring Fulton on which made us naturally more defence minded. We are one or two players short from being a good side, but unfortunately losing any of our starting XI could be disastrous.
Gibbs looks like he will be a very good acquisition, I agree with you about though the bench looked strong yesterday, we need a CF that means getting rid of AA if we can. I thought tactics yesterday were superb dont think we can complain about anything.

1964white

Unread post by 1964white »

Excellent away victory for the Swans.

Great start to the season

1964white

Unread post by 1964white »

sainthelens wrote:
11 Sep 2020 20:24
1964white wrote:
11 Sep 2020 17:06
Good luck tomorrow & for the rest of the season to all you Swans fans
As a matter of interest, will Leeds fans actually travel there tmrw ?
I would hope not, mad fools if they did

Swanseaborn

Unread post by Swanseaborn »

Watching EFL on quest, the summariser for our game claimed we’ve had two clean sheets this season, one apiece in league and cup. Good research there...