after the first 9 games

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Topic author
eteb
Posts in topic: 1

after the first 9 games

Unread post by eteb »

what do we need in january?

two pacy wingers who can play as 10's for me.

Cullen and Whittaker to go on loan

Dhanda sold

Allergic2Hoof

Re: after the first 9 games

Unread post by Allergic2Hoof »

We definitely need competition for Patterson in that role he plays. Said it before but that role was made for a Celine type player. It gets so much space and floats around into dangerous spaces

bakajack

Unread post by bakajack »

A left wingback who can bring a similar impact to Laird is number one for me, Bidwell just isn't that kind of player his dribbling skills and pace are worlds apart to Laird

Baron Goblet

Unread post by Baron Goblet »

If game time is a problem then Whits, Coops, Rushesha should consider helping out a team for game time.

Cullen will come good this season. My view. Has a good approach and deft touch.

Who do we need? Hopefully nobody as we will be flying.

monmouth

Unread post by monmouth »

P.A.C.E
These users thanked the author monmouth for the post (total 3):
swan65split, Samba, Badlands

STID2017
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by STID2017 »

A replacement for Piroe.
If he carries on like this he'll be snapped up by a PL side for sure.
Young and a lot to learn, but an exciting player with bags of potential
These users thanked the author STID2017 for the post:
Badlands

Yjb_09

Unread post by Yjb_09 »

Ive heard Ntcham is here on a pay as you play deal and will be looking for a move in january he is just here to regain his fitness. Dont know how reliable that info is but ive heard a few people saying thats what the agreement was

STID2017

Unread post by STID2017 »

Yjb_09 wrote:
26 Sep 2021 10:51
Ive heard Ntcham is here on a pay as you play deal and will be looking for a move in january he is just here to regain his fitness. Dont know how reliable that info is but ive heard a few people saying thats what the agreement was
Whatever, Ntcham and Piroe are class acts. Would be a struggle to keep either in January
Just enjoy the ride

Magic_Michu

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

Yjb_09 wrote:
He's tied down to a 3 year contract so I expect we could demand a lot for him.

Pentyrchjack

Unread post by Pentyrchjack »

Keep hold of Piroe and Laird. Sell Bidwell to Boro and go for Kristian Pedersen whose 4 year contract with Birmingham ends 2022 so they will be looking to sell before he becomes a free agent.

Dhanda is struggling for bench time so probably best in everyone’s interest to move on and play regularly as he is a talent and suited to a different style of play.

I really rate Kasey Palmer and would like to see him rejoin and compete with Paterson.

Swansea93

Unread post by Swansea93 »

I don’t see Piroe leaving in January there’s been many strikers in this league who start off on fire and don’t leave in January.

Badlands

Unread post by Badlands »

Pace in midfield and up front.
Height in midfield and up front.
A fast right wingback if we are going to continue with them. Bidwell got into crossing positions where Roberts would have been charging in but there was no on on the far side of the 6 yard box.
A left sided CB.
And a right sided CB as I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams leaving given events and comments from the boss.
Another goal scorer.
Another central midfield stopper (Fulton plus)
Another central midfield playmaker (Grimes +
Hopefully opportunities for Dan Williams to get up to speed as Downes understudy.
Outgoing
Latty
Dhanda
Whittaker
(possibly from their requests Grimes and Fulton
Loan out
Rushes'
Cullen

I suspect there will be very little movement - maybe one or two in and three maybe four leaving or on loan.

Magic_Michu

Unread post by Magic_Michu »

I think an attacking left wing back and another No.10 will be key.

Maybe look to offload a couple of centre midfielders.

I’d try and get a million for Grimes and reinvest elsewhere.

magicdaps

Unread post by magicdaps »

Yjb_09 wrote:
Sounds like complete nonsense.

Ntcham would have been in a position of power in terms of negotiation given that he was bound to have plenty of interest, I've got no idea why he'd have signed a pay as you play deal which puts all of the power in the clubs hands. Pay as you play deals are only tended to be considered by players who otherwise wouldn't be able to get a contract at that level anymore, usually influenced by just being injured so often that they can't be remotely depended on like with Andy Carroll.

Then there's the length of his contract at three years, if he'd have wanted to have joined for a few months to regain his fitness then he'd have signed a contract until January or a one year deal.

magicdaps

Unread post by magicdaps »

Yjb_09 wrote:
Sounds like complete nonsense.

Ntcham would have been in a position of power in terms of negotiation given that he was bound to have plenty of interest, I've got no idea why he'd have signed a pay as you play deal which puts all of the power in the clubs hands. Pay as you play deals are only tended to be considered by players who otherwise wouldn't be able to get a contract at that level anymore, usually influenced by just being injured so often that they can't be remotely depended on like with Andy Carroll.

Then there's the length of his contract at three years, if he'd have wanted to have joined for a few months to regain his fitness then he'd have signed a contract until January or a one year deal.