Grimes

Please only use this forum to discuss football related matters. Non football related posts will be removed to the correct forum. Please respect your fellow posters at all times and refrain as much as possible from the use of bad language.

Swansea93
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Grimes

Unread post by Swansea93 »

We should have done a deal with them to include Johansen but he went to QPR.

eteb
Posts in topic: 10

Unread post by eteb »

its just not as easy as FIFA though is it

Swansea93

Unread post by Swansea93 »

eteb wrote:
25 Jul 2021 21:34
Johansen went for 600K..

SwansFan1912
Posts in topic: 4

Unread post by SwansFan1912 »

bakajack wrote:
25 Jul 2021 21:21
My only real consolation is that Liam Walsh feels like a ready made Grimes replacement, if we can use that money to help get the Henry signing over the line then I wouldn't complain but if that money disappears into the ether then there is sure to be a reckoning
I feel walsh is a couple years behind Grimes, had bad luck with injuries so will need a full season I think to see the best out of him. With regards to Henry that isn't going to happen - it was him or Piroe, not both. And we won't see a penny of that money. Its purely to get us in the black. Not necessarily a bad thing, other than any extra will be skimmed off the top by our friends in the USA. Only chance we will see more transfer funds is if we sell roberts and cabango for healthy fees

eteb

Unread post by eteb »

Swansea93 wrote:
25 Jul 2021 21:36
eteb wrote:
25 Jul 2021 21:34
Johansen went for 600K..
and plays for free.

eteb

Unread post by eteb »

SwansFan1912 wrote:
25 Jul 2021 21:41
bakajack wrote:
My only real consolation is that Liam Walsh feels like a ready made Grimes replacement, if we can use that money to help get the Henry signing over the line then I wouldn't complain but if that money disappears into the ether then there is sure to be a reckoning
I feel walsh is a couple years behind Grimes, had bad luck with injuries so will need a full season I think to see the best out of him. With regards to Henry that isn't going to happen - it was him or Piroe, not both. And we won't see a penny of that money. Its purely to get us in the black. Not necessarily a bad thing, other than any extra will be skimmed off the top by our friends in the USA. Only chance we will see more transfer funds is if we sell roberts and cabango for healthy fees
out of interest when else has been been "slimmed off the top"? With respect, you are talking absolute f*****g bollocks but twisting anything you can find to suit the narrative. We have to sell ti sruvive, like 90% of the clubs in the football league system. Assuming you're an adult, it is rather worrying this is yet to sink in
These users thanked the author eteb for the post (total 2):
Badlands, Jackpot

ARQS

Unread post by ARQS »

eteb wrote:
25 Jul 2021 21:49

out of interest when else has been been "slimmed off the top"? With respect, you are talking absolute f*****g bollocks but twisting anything you can find to suit the narrative. We have to sell ti sruvive, like 90% of the clubs in the football league system. Assuming you're an adult, it is rather worrying this is yet to sink in
Spot on. Anyone with half a brain knew we’d be selling Grimes this summer
These users thanked the author ARQS for the post:
Badlands

Risc

Unread post by Risc »

ARQS wrote:
25 Jul 2021 21:56
eteb wrote:

Spot on. Anyone with half a brain knew we’d be selling Grimes this summer
Was hoping for more than £2.5m though.

However we aren’t in the best bargaining position granted.

SwansFan1912

eteb wrote:
SwansFan1912 wrote:

Please ... how much have me made in player sales? How much have we used for transfer fees? Pretty big disparity. I'm not disputing we have to sell players. Its the model our club has thrived on. What I am disputing is whether we are getting fair dollar for our players. Certainly wasn't the case with Rodon, and Grimes at 4m is a steal. Fulham must be laughing at us, along with the rest of the league.

Longlostjack
Posts in topic: 2

Unread post by Longlostjack »

You remind me of a poster who used to post on here but I can’t remember his name. I dare say it’ll come to me eventually.

Edit: Eteb not you 1912 :-)
Last edited by Longlostjack on 25 Jul 2021 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

eteb

Unread post by eteb »

SwansFan1912 wrote:
25 Jul 2021 22:06
eteb wrote:

Please ... how much have me made in player sales? How much have we used for transfer fees? Pretty big disparity. I'm not disputing we have to sell players. Its the model our club has thrived on. What I am disputing is whether we are getting fair dollar for our players. Certainly wasn't the case with Rodon, and Grimes at 4m is a steal. Fulham must be laughing at us, along with the rest of the league.
the transfer system is fucked. Grimes is probably worth 7-8 million max in a normal market. Add the fact hes in the last year of his contract then 4-5 is probably right. Rodon I can agree on but people dont realise you cannot keep unhappy players - either they get sold or they throw their toys out of the pram. Not saying Joe would of but i have it on good authority that he was pushing a move and rightly so
These users thanked the author eteb for the post:
Jackpot

Badlands

Unread post by Badlands »

Grimes
A couple of very good games, a few stand out periods but otherwise not much to write home about. Slowed down our play.
Decent enough Championship player but throughout the season he rarely rose above a rating of 6.
Should never have been captain … ruined his game.
A less able Tom Carroll.
Did we sell to balance the books or, at 26, was it a now or never move for the player?
These users thanked the author Badlands for the post:
Jackpot

monmouth

Unread post by monmouth »

Badlands wrote:
25 Jul 2021 22:56
Grimes
A couple of very good games, a few stand out periods but otherwise not much to write home about. Slowed down our play.
Decent enough Championship player but throughout the season he rarely rose above a rating of 6.
A less able Tom Carroll.
Did we sell to balance the books or, at 26, was it a now or never move for the player?
Decent player for us. Failed horribly at Leeds. My bet, he’ll lose confidence quickly at Fulham and it’ll be another Leeds. Their fans will hate him. I don’t wish that on him, I dont care a toss, I just think that is the way it will roll.

SwansFan1912

monmouth wrote:
25 Jul 2021 23:02
Badlands wrote:
25 Jul 2021 22:56
Grimes
A less able Tom Carroll.
Decent player for us. Failed horribly at Leeds. My bet, he’ll lose confidence quickly at Fulham and it’ll be another Leeds. Their fans will hate him. I don’t wish that on him, I dont care a toss, I just think that is the way it will roll.
That was years ago ... he was a kid. He's an established championship player now... and our captain. He will flourish

Badlands

Unread post by Badlands »

SwansFan1912 wrote:
bakajack wrote:
Two years ago was the last time Grimes was good then some chump made him captain.