• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The FA Cup Fourth Round 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | AFC Bournemouth v Swansea City FC | The Vitality Stadium

Do you reckon we get more pages when we lose? Genuine question 😂
Has always been so - the site has always - in all its iterations - been busier on the bad days ahead of the good days
The one exception would be the day we won promotion to the PL where there were bucket loads on from other clubs offering congratulations

They may be spending plenty but they're spending it really badly. We did make a comfortable profit on transfers in the summer.
They made a bad managerial appointment & had to waste money sacking & then bringing in a replacement this season.
They appointed Watson, why?
They're responsible for our current recruitment team who aren't impressing anyone and are taking the club backwards at a rate of knots.
All very frustrating
They make the appointments, they sanction the signings but yet in some eyes it's not their fault! It's ludicrous the thinking with people.
Anyone makes mistakes like they have and lets be fair it's time and time again with them........they would be out of a job.

They're a shower, until they bring in a proper football man, one with experience and an understanding of the club then we are just going to stroll along as we have done for the last 8 years since they have been here.

Watson the last line of people they brought in, a football guy but so far divorced from knowing what Swansea City is all about.

These owners just don't get it.

Comparatively little flak being thrown at Williams compared to the negativity against Duff from the very beginning. I’m OK with that - genuinely want him to succeed and going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the usual 10 games or so.

But my question is, many players were saying by this stage in Duff’s tenure ‘I just can’t see what his game plan is’. Not hearing that about Williams. Is that because it’s obvious what he is trying to do and it isn’t working?

This is something we should be hitting hard but with Watson on board then it will have little to no chance of

They make the appointments, they sanction the signings but yet in some eyes it's not their fault! It's ludicrous the thinking with people.
Anyone makes mistakes like they have and lets be fair it's time and time again with them........they would be out of a job.

They're a shower, until they bring in a proper football man, one with experience and an understanding of the club then we are just going to stroll along as we have done for the last 8 years since they have been here.

Watson the last line of people they brought in, a football guy but so far divorced from knowing what Swansea City is all about.

These owners just don't get it.
We have people like Coleman who have no idea. Give Kevin Reeves 4.5 million and see what he could find on the continent. 5-6 decent players?

Comparatively little flak being thrown at Williams compared to the negativity against Duff from the very beginning. I’m OK with that - genuinely want him to succeed and going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the usual 10 games or so.

But my question is, many players were saying by this stage in Duff’s tenure ‘I just can’t see what his game plan is’. Not hearing that about Williams. Is that because it’s obvious what he is trying to do and it isn’t working?
In Duff's case he had a preseason including a number friendlies to work with the players & get his game plan in place, Williams has had very little time to work with the players so far so I'd cut him some slack.
Doesn't excuse the poor selection for last night though.

that's a bit bonkers isn't it. why would you want to get rid of owners who are spending record amounts ?
and giving it their best shot with 'next level' funding we were unable to raise with our last ownership ?
ofc we need a Trevor Birch but Birch doesn't grow on trees.
a proper sporting director is what we need.
Thought someone might have already mentioned it but just wanted to say thanks for your "Birch doesn't grow on trees" line. Made me smile at a time when I didn't feel much like smiling 👏👏👏

In Duff's case he had a preseason including a number friendlies to work with the players & get his game plan in place, Williams has had very little time to work with the players so far so I'd cut him some slack.
Doesn't excuse the poor selection for last night though.
My son reckons he is trying to do the same as Martin did when he was here. We certainly seem to improve when he abandons Plan A and tries something different at any rate. But as Sham said, it’s hard to read too much into games against a Premier League team and a recently relegated EPL team, manager wise.
I’ve had my doubts about Fisher, Wood and Ashby from the start. Disappointing to see Humphreys going backwards, though, I thought he had potential.

My son reckons he is trying to do the same as Martin did when he was here. We certainly seem to improve when he abandons Plan A and tries something different at any rate. But as Sham said, it’s hard to read too much into games against a Premier League team and a recently relegated EPL team, manager wise.
I’ve had my doubts about Fisher, Wood and Ashby from the start. Disappointing to see Humphreys going backwards, though, I thought he had potential.
I think Humph would be fine in his right position. Thursday was Martinball redux. Stupid passing for no reason, putting the receiver under pressure with pre-programmed shite, players trying what they don’t have the skill to do, back to Fisher at every opportunity, Grimes in total space hitting a 40 yard back pass to Wood (ffs) and looking pleased with himself, hopeless back and forth five yard achieve nothing passes. Defensive non-existence. In fact, it did cross my mind that Williams was a force behind Martin’s wankball approach and he was the actual organ grinder. Martin has certainly abandoned all his ‘principles’ with Southampton.

if we see more of the same, we have a real problem. He needs to learn, and quickly, and I think he has to be given time and space to do so, as long as we don’t go down. This is fact though, we looked better under Sheehan, and for a few games (Weds, Milly, Plymouth) under Duff. Not many teams take the piss at Home Park like we did.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back