• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sam Parker

bakajack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Rejects new contract offer?

Still two years to run on his current deal until summer of 2026. Hopefully just agent playing hardball and looking for an improvement in terms, we only saw him for a few games (and thats before LW came in) but he had genuine pace and good delivery. I hope to see more of him next season.

Let's hope the hype hasn't gone to his head and he has decent people advising him.

If we're offering the lad a longer contract when he has two years to run on his existing one then it's to drive a transfer fee up, looks like he's the next to step up ...

If we're offering the lad a longer contract when he has two years to run on his existing one then it's to drive a transfer fee up, looks like he's the next to step up ...
His stock has risen massively since signing it in August. Makes complete sense for the club to try to get him on a 3+1 deal now. That PL clubs will be looking at him is barely news, eyes are on every teenager getting Championship minutes. It's when journos name only one club that you need to worry, lists of 3 are just white noise.

He only signed his first pro contract last summer, usually these have very poor wages comparatively speaking. If he were trying to get him onto a new 3+1 year deal after a few impressive performances then yeah he would have every expectation of a respectable wage to go with it especially if he will be part of LW's first team plans next season.

The good news though is that even if he runs down the contract his age would still mean an entitlement to compensation so the negotiating position is still fairly strong from our standpoint when it comes to other clubs.

What sort of fee are we talking/thinking?

He has a decent length contract, potential with first team experience.

5M? At this sort of price or close to it, surely we would have consider it.

5m plus a healthy sell on bonus of 25-30% would be excellent business.
The only club of the three I could see showing actual interest would be Brighton

£5m? For someone who has 3 first team appearances behind him?

What do you base that figure on?

Football being barmy.
That bit I can't argue with but I would be absolutely amazed if we got anywhere near that figure

Especially with the negotiation skills that Levien and Coleman lack

Harvey Elliot went to Liverpool for a fee of approximately four million.

Can't see us can't getting a fee anywhere near that for Parker, unless he a season or two out of this world before his current contract were to expire.

Harvey Elliot went to Liverpool for a fee of approximately four million.

Can't see us can't getting a fee anywhere near that for Parker, unless he a season or two out of this world before his current contract were to expire.
He was only 16 so didn't have a pro contract.

The club would certainly look for a 7 figure fee with bonuses, add ons and a good sell on fee.
A higher upfront payment could save the buying club alot of money if his potential comes to fruition.

He was only 16 so didn't have a pro contract.

The club would certainly look for a 7 figure fee with bonuses, add ons and a good sell on fee.
A higher upfront payment could save the buying club alot of money if his potential comes to fruition.
I used Elliot as an example in terms of a valuation of player at a similar age.

A tribunal set his fee based on their valuation of him. The lad was a much better player than Parker at very similar ages. We could be in a similar situation if Parker doesn't sign a new deal with us.

Can't share your belief in terms of the valuation you've placed on Parker, based on the rare glimpse we've all had of him.

I used Elliot as an example in terms of a valuation of player at a similar age.

A tribunal set his fee based on their valuation of him. The lad was a much better player than Parker at very similar ages.

Can't share your belief in terms of the valuation you've placed on Parker, based on the rare glimpse we've all had of him.
Fulham got done over massively just because he was 16, if Elliott was 17 then the fee would be much higher.
Another example of how barmy UK football is.

I just used the 5M as a figure to open up views on what the fee would be in people's opinion.
We hold a big bargaining tool given he has 2 years left on his contract and is under 24.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back