• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Michael Obafemi absence

PSumbler said:
Is he seriously (Martin) in danger of being replaced though? I can only see the owners going there if we were in danger of relegation and that bit wont happen (IMO)

The trouble with that policy though, is that it can become a never ending default. Teams like Preston and Bristol City seem to have been in the 2nd tier forever without ever seriously threatening to reach the Prem. I know that neither of those statements is true but I'm sure you get what I mean. Do we want to end up like that? Or more significantly, are our owners happy with that as a status quo? Living where I do, I know quite a few BC fans and their default state at the beginning of every season seems to be apathy and surely that's not what being a football fan is about? I'd rather be like Norwich or WBA and at least have crack at the big boys every few seasons and see us having a go at doing it on our own patch. So, we finished mid-table last season and I can't see us being anywhere else come May and if we finish mid-table in 23/24 and still have RM as our manager, what then?

I won't be renewing early for next season.
I want to see the rest of this season pans out. Although I have admittedly missed more fixtures so far this year than previous years. If he's with us next season I'm certainly in the camp of can't be arsed to renew.

karnataka said:
The trouble with that policy though, is that it can become a never ending default. Teams like Preston and Bristol City seem to have been in the 2nd tier forever without ever seriously threatening to reach the Prem. I know that neither of those statements is true but I'm sure you get what I mean. Do we want to end up like that? Or more significantly, are our owners happy with that as a status quo? Living where I do, I know quite a few BC fans and their default state at the beginning of every season seems to be apathy and surely that's not what being a football fan is about? I'd rather be like Norwich or WBA and at least have crack at the big boys every few seasons and see us having a go at doing it on our own patch. So, we finished mid-table last season and I can't see us being anywhere else come May and if we finish mid-table in 23/24 and still have RM as our manager, what then?
[/quote end up like that.... We are already like that, owners that don't give a shit, clueless manager locked into them job because he says the right things, parachute payments gone, absolute dog shit defence who gift goals for fun, very little investment on the player side of things.

We are a million miles away from going up and I don't care what the table says, this is a very poor league and that's why it's so tight at the top end but when you see us gifting goals week in week out you just know there's no chance of promotion.

I've said it like a stuck record but Martin will take us no where, Christ after two seasons he still can't fix our defence which says it all really.

Get used to it.

end up like that.... We are already like that, owners that don't give a s**t, clueless manager locked into the job because he says the right things, parachute payments gone, absolute dog s**t defence who gift goals for fun, very little investment on the player side of things.

We are a million miles away from going up and I don't care what the table says, this is a very poor league and that's why it's so tight at the top end but when you see us gifting goals week in week out you just know there's no chance of promotion.

I've said it like a stuck record but Martin will take us no where, Christ after two seasons he still can't fix our defence which says it all really.

Get used to it.

karnataka said:

I think some of the battle is that they probably are happy that we arent in relegation battles but at the same time to really compete at the top we either need a budget (which we don't have) or a style of football that can take us there. As it stands now we have nothing and that I do think means that apathy probably does rule at the moment.

I'm certainly not defending it but there's still more than enough out there who think that we are reinventing the game with Martinball and that it will come good...

PSumbler said:
Is he seriously (Martin) in danger of being replaced though? I can only see the owners going there if we were in danger of relegation and hat bit wont happen (IMO)

They want to get back to the promise land apparently, I'm not so sure myself, I think they're just paying us lip service, because they must surely realise that Martin isn't gonna get us there, they're happy with us being where we are if you ask me.

The cynic in me might suggest that Martin was told to revert back to type when we had that good run, incase the momentum grew and we got promoted ;) :lol:

Jak365 said:
'Not picket' - that's uber clever, Jaxsy. Fair play. A Striker on Strike.

Not picked last time when, by all accounts: 'you need to run more'. Martin actually told Oba that he needs to run more - to a player that runs more than any other player that runs his socks off.

That was it. That was all the feedback/rationale Oba was given by Martin, our Mis-Managing Mediocre manager when he unceremoniously dropped him. Just like he did with Piroe.

As mentioned previously on here (on a matchday thread): - something's afoot, something's been brewing, top down/bottom-up disgruntlement............mark these words.

Facts is facts.

>> by all accounts: 'you need to run more'. Martin actually told Oba that he needs to run more - to a player that runs more than any other player that runs his socks off.<<

And there it is - Martin says the very same - AGAIN - in his latest presser.

To the doubting twp on this thread (Daps, as per) - wake up and SEE the evidence unfold.

Martin Out.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back