• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Luke's ways are starting to shine through - Swans have turned that corner

When we talk about "turning a corner" I think it's important to remember that there was a very low bar to begin with under Duff and Sheehan. It hasn't taken much from Williams to go beyond that bar.

But at least there is now a plan. No one had a clue what we were doing in the first half of the season. There were no patterns, ways of playing, no idea of what we were trying to do. At least now we can see something - it's two wingers, it's using their pace, it's getting the ball wide, it's full backs getting forward to help and we're trying to get it in the box more often.

It's hardly a Pep Guardiola masterclass, but at least it's something, and I'll take something when we had absolutely nothing under Sgt Major Calamity Duff at the start of the season.

Williams clearly understood what was needed in an attacking sense. The introduction of pace and width has had a marked effect. We now need a striker worthy of the name to convert the chances created. Hopefully that will happen in the next window.
The area of concern continues to be the defence and Williams' record at Notts County doesn't reduce those fears. New defensive system or new personnel at the back?
Probably both.

Williams clearly understood what was needed in an attacking sense. The introduction of pace and width has had a marked effect. We now need a striker worthy of the name to convert the chances created. Hopefully that will happen in the next window.
The area of concern continues to be the defence and Williams' record at Notts County doesn't reduce those fears. New defensive system or new personnel at the back?
Probably both.

To paraphrase Tony Blair/Gordon Brown, it's 'personnel-personnel-personnel' for me.

Our defenders are crap. They can't defend, and they're too nice. We need at least two new ones this summer. Proper defenders, leaders with a bit of nastiness about them. I reckon it would transform this team.

Perhaps Lukes ways can continue to shine through past the opening 45 minutes and all the way to the end of the game?...

Have re read and I stand by the post.
We hopefully have turned the corner from the beginning of the season but clearly our last 10 games of last season was a team who were going in the right direction so what you are stating is very questionable indeed.

As for transition, all for it and can certainly see it......i banged the drum that it needs time and patience but as long as there are signs then it needs to be accepted.
Yes I certainly see it with Williams as I did with certain previous managers but certainly didn't see it in Duff.
Daps, you can stand by whatever post you choose to stand by, but it doesn’t alter the fact that we have finally turned the corner from the nonsense we have endured for the past two + years.

I prefer to deal in facts than dubious opinions of random folk on the internet. I have repeatedly shared the facts as to why and how Martinball was finally binned ahead of our winning run. Prior to that enforced seismic change, we endured two years of the most boring, pointless (literally) brand of sideways-backwards-sideways-nowhere-ball to satisfy the self indulgent ego of our selfish, crap manager.

The corner we have just turned was initially navigated well by Duff, Sheezy and Marge - and now Luke and our best in class recruitment model has given us the boost to properly get round that bend and give proper fans proper reasons to be bullish again. It’s taken 2.5 years, so please excuse some of us for enjoying this moment and being delighted to see proper football again, where winning effectively, efficiently and entertainingly is our aim.

To paraphrase Tony Blair/Gordon Brown, it's 'personnel-personnel-personnel' for me.

Our defenders are crap. They can't defend, and they're too nice. We need at least two new ones this summer. Proper defenders, leaders with a bit of nastiness about them. I reckon it would transform this team.
Agreed, but I wonder how make the most of Tymon and Key without going to a 5. Been our two best players this season (when Key has been fit), but those two on the flanks leaves a lot of defending for the centre-halves. Darling is good enough to start for me, Wood will be off at the end of the season, and Cabango is at least good enough for a rotational role

Another top notch presser from Lukey.

And he’s clearly been reading this forum wrt Pato (all fired up for this massive game for him, either to start or from the bench😉), Shemy (on fire, hungry, committed)…
The ambitious, ballsy pragmatist we’ve been craving.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back