• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Less Saturday 3.00 K.O. next season

• Thread starter 3swan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 27
  • Views: Views 1,483
I don't mind a 12:30pm KO on a Saturday, gives you more options with the rest of your day and in my case I'm not hanging about until 3pm.

This law about not broadcasting 3pm kick offs needs scrapping. As highlighted in the article, broadcaster will just find ways around it.

If I'm reading that correctly, then those in the UK will no longer be able to see every Swans game online anymore (legally, anyway). Far more games will be on Sky, but if a game isn't on Sky, audio is the only option. Is that right? (aside from going to the game, obviously..)

If I'm reading that correctly, then those in the UK will no longer be able to see every Swans game online anymore (legally, anyway). Far more games will be on Sky, but if a game isn't on Sky, audio is the only option. Is that right? (aside from going to the game, obviously..)
That's the way I read it too. No SwansTV ?? Getting a tad concerned.

One could never see 3pm Saturday kick offs legally in UK, could one?

That's the way I read it too. No SwansTV ?? Getting a tad concerned.
If SwansTV went then ifollow would take over, but 3pm kick offs have always been prohibited from being broadcast in the UK anyway, so I'm struggling to get what will change.
I must be missing something...

If SwansTV went then ifollow would take over, but 3pm kick offs have always been prohibited from being broadcast in the UK anyway, so I'm struggling to get what will change.
I must be missing something...

The Sky deal is replacing iFollow (aka Swans TV) for those in the UK.
One of the biggest changes is that domestic streaming for club and iFollow platforms will become a thing of the past. It was a key part of being able to watch your club during the COVID-19 pandemic but now Sky Sports will be the only place you can watch games in the UK if you’re not at the match
I live outside the UK, so I won't be affected. but as you mention, 3pm are not available for UK folks anyway, so the impact on them is not as much as I first thought. SwansTV will still exist, but for expats like me only (so there will still be streams galore no doubt).

The Sky deal is replacing iFollow (aka Swans TV) for those in the UK.

I live outside the UK, so I won't be affected. but as you mention, 3pm are not available for UK folks anyway, so the impact on them is not as much as I first thought. SwansTV will still exist, but for expats like me only (so there will still be streams galore no doubt).
from what I understand there's no swans tv at all next season I could be wrong but that's what it seems to say

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

from what I understand there's no swans tv at all next season I could be wrong but that's what it seems to say
It'll be there for those outside the UK, but will disappear for those in the UK. The gap in coverage for UK fans (assuming people have Sky) will be for any games not at the 3pm blackout that does not have Sky coverage. So I guess some midweek games mainly?

The article does mention there will be a lot of changes to match scheduling to fit all this in, so they probably haven't worked out all the details themselves yet..

A large percentage of subscribers to SwansTV reside in the Netherlands, Germany or Indonesia on Saturday afternoon, the Swans know the score so can't see STV going tits up anytime soon...

It'll be there for those outside the UK, but will disappear for those in the UK. The gap in coverage for UK fans (assuming people have Sky) will be for any games not at the 3pm blackout that does not have Sky coverage. So I guess some midweek games mainly?

The article does mention there will be a lot of changes to match scheduling to fit all this in, so they probably haven't worked out all the details themselves yet..
I think Swans tv an I follow will not be around. unless ive read it wrong.

With over 1,000 EFL fixtures live on Sky Sports via Sky and NOW each season, Swans TV Live, our club streaming service will cease to offer domestic live video coverage of EFL matches.

Still there for 'foreign' customers.

So basically the one camera no replay bilge supplied under the red button the last couple of seasons...

More 12.30 kick offs on a Saturday = less games for me to watch

Add to that all the crap about the changes to the FA Cup made without consultation to EFL clubs and the game becomes further and further away from the supporter

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back