• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Have faith in Cooper, it could pay dividends

Dr. Winston said:
Glyn1 said:
A newspaper article at the weekend pointed out that some of the best players in the Premier League were also near the top of the stats for losing possession when passing the ball, and Kevin De Bruyne was given as an example - he was near the top of the list for conceding intercepted passes but also near the top of the list for assists and goals.

High risk, high reward. Low risk, low reward. Cooper is largely cut from the same cloth as Clement in that tactically he's a coward. His teams take fewer risks because somebody on a coaching course once told him that teams who retain 87.652% of possession concede 25.3% fewer chances in the final third of the pitch, or some other stats based bollocks that's grown exponentially since everyone watched Moneyball.

I am being slightly facetious there but it's the kind of thinking that seems to have increased since it was decided somewhere by someone that managing was something you could do if you had enough qualifications rather than something you instinctively knew how to do or not.

100%.

I'd rather see someone like De Bruyne trying something and making a cock-up than see retention at all costs until it goes back to the centre half who then hoofs it to the centre circle, more often than not gifting the opposition possession anyway.

He's struck me as another Clement and I've used the comparison in the past.

He's far more like Monk IMO.
No style or adventure and 1 - 0 is considered a massive win and 0 - 0 a fantastic result.
Cabango used to be very good bringing the ball out of defence now he seems to get to 20 yards our side of the half way line and stop - just stop.
Woodman had good distribution skills when he arrived but has tuned into Hennessey - get the ball, run to edge of the area, stop, wait for everyone t get into white board positions then ever roll to nearest player or hoof it out of play.
I enjoyed Potters' season fa more than almost all of last season.

Badlands said:
No style or adventure and 1 - 0 is considered a massive win and 0 - 0 a fantastic result.
Cabango used to be very good bringing the ball out of defence now he seems to get to 20 yards our side of the half way line and stop - just stop.
Woodman had good distribution skills when he arrived but has tuned into Hennessey - get the ball, run to edge of the area, stop, wait for everyone t get into white board positions then ever roll to nearest player or hoof it out of play.

You only have to watch the way Brighton played against Chelsea to see the difference in approach off both managers.

Can’t be denied though, potters recruitment here was awful

Risc said:
Badlands said:

You only have to watch the way Brighton played against Chelsea to see the difference in approach off both managers.

Can’t be denied though, potters recruitment here was awful

True.
I think some fans just want success as measured by league position - for me I'd rather have decent home results and a game that I enjoy watching.
Potter didn't recruit any players as it wasn't his remit. He and Pearlman said Potter would work with the inherited squad and develop younger player from the academy. They also agreed players would come in if Potter wanted them - he didn't.
Of those who did come in for the senior squad - Celina & Cameron Carter-Vickers were very good; Asoro and McKay not so much and John was a late replacement for the never quite fit Olsen. TBF John had been getting rave reviews for his Wales appearance & McKay was considered a decent acquisition.
He also lost 17 players with senior experience in the summer and a further 6 in January, most of whom were regulars and went on to be regular players.

I agree with badlands
There is no flair, if lee trundle had been playing now cooper would have the life out of him

Dr. Winston said:
Glyn1 said:
A newspaper article at the weekend pointed out that some of the best players in the Premier League were also near the top of the stats for losing possession when passing the ball, and Kevin De Bruyne was given as an example - he was near the top of the list for conceding intercepted passes but also near the top of the list for assists and goals.

High risk, high reward. Low risk, low reward. Cooper is largely cut from the same cloth as Clement in that tactically he's a coward. His teams take fewer risks because somebody on a coaching course once told him that teams who retain 87.652% of possession concede 25.3% fewer chances in the final third of the pitch, or some other stats based bollocks that's grown exponentially since everyone watched Moneyball.

I am being slightly facetious there but it's the kind of thinking that seems to have increased since it was decided somewhere by someone that managing was something you could do if you had enough qualifications rather than something you instinctively knew how to do or not.

This. Good post.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back