• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Covid here we go again

Neath_Jack said:
thefranchise said:
I'm not, don't worry. Both vaccines done, I am being as responsible as possible while trying to stay on top of things I need to do to survive.

I've tried looking for the post, I can't find it now. I am happy to retract the suicide part but as the actual "died from covid" deaths dropped, I wouldn't be surprised if they were lower than the suicide rates that have been fairly consistent for the last decade really.

Honestly, I don't know what the answer is. Different parts of the world have tried different approaches. Each state in America seems to have a different idea and other countries are using drugs like Ivermectin with apparent success. The research in that has been pulled apart too.

It is far easier to sit in front of the BBC and just take that at face value but I have never been that person. There is so much politicising going on, it's hard to filter out the actual reality.

One of this countries greatest shames (or should be), is the mental health support that is out there.

Forget covid v suicide, that's just a diversionary tactic, lets tackle covid and suicide / mental health on equal terms, throw the same amount of money at mental health as we have at covid.

I couldn't have any more disdain for the actual support out there, if i tried.

And to get back to the gist of this thread, its another disgraceful move by this lousy government. They have learnt absolutely nothing the past 18 months. Mass murderers the lot of them.

We could be looking at literally millions of people self isolating, each day in the next couple of weeks as well.

Yep and another possible lockdown in the autumn leading to Christmas and beyond, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that happen.

Niigata Jack said:
Neath_Jack said:
One of this countries greatest shames (or should be), is the mental health support that is out there.

Forget covid v suicide, that's just a diversionary tactic, lets tackle covid and suicide / mental health on equal terms, throw the same amount of money at mental health as we have at covid.

I couldn't have any more disdain for the actual support out there, if i tried.

And to get back to the gist of this thread, its another disgraceful move by this lousy government. They have learnt absolutely nothing the past 18 months. Mass murderers the lot of them.

We could be looking at literally millions of people self isolating, each day in the next couple of weeks as well.

Yep and another possible lockdown in the autumn leading to Christmas and beyond, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that happen.

Johnson is more willing to let the bodies pile high...until of course the bodies start piling high, then it will be all our fault for not being careful.

I honestly thought I'd never long for the days of Heath, Maudlin, Whitelaw and the rest, but as Conservatives, they were 100 million miles ahead of this shower of shit.

monmouth said:
Niigata Jack said:

Johnson is more willing to let the bodies pile high...until of course the bodies start piling high, then it will be all our fault for not being careful.

I honestly thought I'd never long for the days of Heath, Maudlin, Whitelaw and the rest, but as Conservatives, they were 100 million miles ahead of this shower of s**t.

Proper Conservatives they were regardless of what you/we thought of them. The modern Tory party is nothing like that one. Johnson and his ilk are to conservatism what Trump was to the Republican Party. It’s just a vehicle, a political apparatus and a ready made voter base. And the increasingly reactionary U.K. public has swallowed the whole reds under the bed thing hook, line and sinker. I’ve watched formerly sensible people who I never agreed with but could always respect and debate with turn into proper gammons since 2016.

I get the worst of all worlds. People who won't argue but you know I'm just entrenching them further. It's really depressing. I now avoid some folk whose company I used to enjoy as they seem to insist on bringing it up. I had a neighbour only yesterday, who I've always liked saying "I think the Government has done a good job on Covid". Out of a conversation on whether we'd need a booster vaccine and it was safe to go back into a lecture theatre. It makes everyday conversation a minefield. It's shit. And, it's deliberate, it's their plan. Total Balkanisation. I hope they rot in a hell I don't believe in.

monmouth said:
I get the worst of all worlds. People who won't argue but you know I'm just entrenching them further. It's really depressing. I now avoid some folk whose company I used to enjoy as they seem to insist on bringing it up. I had a neighbour only yesterday, who I've always liked saying "I think the Government has done a good job on Covid". Out of a conversation on whether we'd need a booster vaccine and it was safe to go back into a lecture theatre. It makes everyday conversation a minefield. It's s**t. And, it's deliberate, it's their plan. Total Balkanisation. I hope they rot in a hell I don't believe in.

Some are swayed by the vaccine success and all that went on before the vaccine is forgotten, they messed up totally on virtually everything they touched, apart, of course, making their butties richer and much richer at that and I've no doubts whatsoever that they'll reap the benefits of their mates wealth at some point in time.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back