• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

A reflection on the season-Duff and Williams.

I agree that with some signings more like Ronald and less like Yates, Ashby and so on, we should be aiming for a shot at

You can blame the fans for "negativity" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the bulk of this squad has finished 14th and 10th the last two seasons and 13th-16th this season. It's an average squad with a lot of average players, at a poorly run club.

Wave your rattle if you think it'll make a difference, no one's stopping you, but many others actually see it for what it is. That's not negativity, that's just realism.
Realism is also realising that this club has been punching well above its weight for many years and a mid table championship is about our level 🤷‍♂️ What does it gain to go into a new season with a glass half full out look instead of the opposite?

An awful season with hopefully some sign of hope at the end of it. My worry is we need a major overhaul with lots of deadwood getting rid of, Williams himself has basically said this. Watson and Coleman have hardly covered themselves in glory with recent transfer dealings.

An awful season with hopefully some sign of hope at the end of it. My worry is we need a major overhaul with lots of deadwood getting rid of, Williams himself has basically said this. Watson and Coleman have hardly covered themselves in glory with recent transfer dealings.
If they only bring in 2 players who become part of the core stating 11, it would be a win.
We cannot sign any more T-bone-A-On’s or Pedersons.
We can’t loan 3 players who make no impact and block the path of youngsters.
My gut is saying that they know this, have done their homework and we’ll have a good summer.

If they only bring in 2 players who become part of the core stating 11, it would be a win.
My gut is saying that they know this, have done their homework and we’ll have a good summer.
😱 Is Pederson still ours and under contract?

We haven't even seen Tjoe-a-on to make a judgement. He played regular enough in the Dutch top flight prior to us signing him.

Realism is also realising that this club has been punching well above its weight for many years and a mid table championship is about our level 🤷‍♂️ What does it gain to go into a new season with a glass half full out look instead of the opposite?
It seems that some still think we should be achieving more than we actually are......this thread shows that.

It seems that some still think we should be achieving more than we actually are......this thread shows that.
I don’t think we should but I believe we can. If Williams can get rid of the weak links and is able to make the team greater than the sum of its parts, anything is possible.
Other than the top 4/5 and the bumming we had off Bristol City, the quality of opposition down the stadium has been dreadful.
But every team is thinking that I guess.

Where we should be achieving more is in the transfer market. When you look at the amount of players brought in since we got relegated, and the amount of money spent on them, it does make you wonder what might have been if we had a coherent strategy and competent recruitment team. Instead we've lurched from manager to manager and recruitment team to recruitment team, all of whom have wildly different ideas on what we need.

Plenty of clubs have shown that it's not necessary to spend lots of money on transfers in this division, Ipswich this season and Luton last season most notably, but you have to recruit well.

Where we should be achieving more is in the transfer market. When you look at the amount of players brought in since we got relegated, and the amount of money spent on them, it does make you wonder what might have been if we had a coherent strategy and competent recruitment team. Instead we've lurched from manager to manager and recruitment team to recruitment team, all of whom have wildly different ideas on what we need.

Plenty of clubs have shown that it's not necessary to spend lots of money on transfers in this division, Ipswich this season and Luton last season most notably, but you have to recruit well.
100%.

It's been a disaster for a few years now. We need to be more active in the foreign market considering the value we can get both in wages and transfer fee.

Surely we can't be as bad as last summer in recruitment.

Because it's easier to do that, than face the reality of where we are as a club since the parachute payments ended, that's why.

The club is in a financial mess, run by imbeciles unqualified for their jobs - we've actually done well to finish where we have the last few seasons. Williams has arguably done the best job of all, after the mess he inherited in January.

Next season is going to be another struggle and the sooner people come to terms with that, the easier it is going to be and the less anger/disappointment there will be when this alleged play-off tilt (that's apparently only a hair's breadth away, according to some) fails to materialise.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back