• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Roberto Martinez

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 1,723
Fair play the waiter keeps on getting top gigs despite failing spectacularly 99% of the time ... 💪💥

Thought this was a load of old pony but it seems Bobby is well thought of at Barca. Yikes.

Fair play the waiter keeps on getting top gigs despite failing spectacularly 99% of the time ... 💪💥
Had Belgiums golden generation of footballers at his disposal and flopped miserably with them. If ever the term Bullsh*t baffles brains applies to anyone it's this weasel.

Had Belgiums golden generation of footballers at his disposal and flopped miserably with them. If ever the term Bullsh*t baffles brains applies to anyone it's this weasel.
Fair play to him mind, his continuing bullshit has earnt him a fortune.

Up there with the very best of our managers, despite the bitterness from some.
Yes , don't forget it works both ways. His footballing career was going nowhere at lowly Chester till we took a punt on him, and that's how he repaid our club , that was so close to his dear heart, by upping sticks and trying to take everything with him that wasn't nailed down. As i said , a weasel of a man, and as a manager, in my opinion, he would never have had the skill to have got us out of the championship as he can't organise a defence.

His managerial successes plateaued after taking Everton to 5th in the Premier League. Up to that point his stock was definitely rising, starting with what he did with us and then the cup win at Wigan.

His win percentage at international level is an astonishing 73%, however that counts for nothing when you fail to pick up any trophies.

The international scene allows managers to hide a little when things go badly, he won't get that luxury at Barca where anything less than winning La Liga is deemed as failure.

Up there with the very best of our managers, despite the bitterness from some.
Absolutely. It's been long enough now that the bitterness over his departure has faded. The football we played under the 2 and bit seasons of his management was some of the most enjoyable I've ever watched.

Nothing about his managerial CV since would suggest he's a credible appointment for Barcelona though.

Absolutely. It's been long enough now that the bitterness over his departure has faded. The football we played under the 2 and bit seasons of his management was some of the most enjoyable I've ever watched.

Nothing about his managerial CV since would suggest he's a credible appointment for Barcelona though.
It was a golden era football wise, and it included two never to be forgotten summer tours of the Costa Brava!

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back