• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Attendances

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's becoming more and more grim to hear the announcer tell us an attendance that we all know is vastly boosted by the ST holders who have not turned up but classed as a ticket sale

And then adds "Thank you Jack Army for your magnificent support"

He would be better saying "thank you to those who could be arsed to turn up, you are already one step ahead of most of the players"

In terms of actual bums on seats last night there would have been less than 15,000 in the first half and I suspect no more than 13,500 by the time the attendance was announced with some level of pride.

And then we have the pre-match music which gets worse every game - someone should also tell those in charge that the sound doesn't come through in the East Stand as anything more than sounding like listening to music at full volume as it is impossible to hear with clarity its so loud.

There is very little enjoyable about the "matchday experience" and that is before you consider the football is pretty dire

I'm not sure what was so wrong about the pre match music before that we have changed to this garbage. It's ridiculously loud in the East too as you say.

Oh and can the video about our rise. Nobody watches it anymore and it just serves to make everyone depressed

I agree in large, but last night did appear to be pretty full from where I was in the Upper East Stand (directly on halfway line for detail), think I counted four empty seats across that entire stretch, but it was fairly sparse around the corner flag.

Not surprised people don't turn up anymore, nothing to play for and we're shit, hardly a tempting combination

I'm not sure what was so wrong about the pre match music before that we have changed to this garbage. It's ridiculously loud in the East too as you say.

Oh and can the video about our rise. Nobody watches it anymore and it just serves to make everyone depressed

The sheer fact that there is only goals against Cardiff for anything past the League Cup win tells you much about the last ten years

I agree in large, but last night did appear to be pretty full from where I was in the Upper East Stand (directly on halfway line for detail), think I counted four empty seats across that entire stretch, but it was fairly sparse around the corner flag.

Not surprised people don't turn up anymore, nothing to play for and we're shit, hardly a tempting combination
The corners were empty and there were loads of seats around us empty (also in Upper East by halfway)

Given the big empty areas we insist on leaving empty next to the away fans and I would stick with 15k maximum

Your last line is spot on

The sheer fact that there is only goals against Cardiff for anything past the League Cup win tells you much about the last ten years
Yes. An embarrassment that we feel that winning against Cardiff is the benchmark for success these days.

"It's becoming more and more grim to hear the announcer tell us an attendance that we all know is vastly boosted by the ST holders who have not turned up but classed as a ticket sale"
I wonder if an enquiry to the Club would elicit an honest response, if any response at all?!

Looking around the ground the worst area appears to be the south stand. As this is supposedly for the young up and coming supporters of SCFC someone needs to investigate why the area is poorly attended. Last night was not a school night so what’s the answer

Looking around the ground the worst area appears to be the south stand. As this is supposedly for the young up and coming supporters of SCFC someone needs to investigate why the area is poorly attended. Last night was not a school night so what’s the answer

No investigation needed. It's parents who can't be arsed to go themselves anymore and/or can't afford to, because everything's gone so expensive these days. It's not rocket science.

Said it before - Swans are not the only club suffering from cost of living crisis. Watch the championship highlights every week, chunks of empty seats at every ground up and down the country. People can't afford £60-70 a month (sometimes £100+ if you've got midweek home games) for 'on the day' tickets.

I’m always in the stadium early because of my grandson and the songs played before the game are the same every time,obviously a prerecorded tape,bizarrely Dakota by Stereophonics is played twice.

I've never understood with such a smallish ground why we insist on that stupid announcement anyway. Even when we rarely filled it in the prem it was just asking for derisive piss taking from most of the away fans. I just don't see the point and never have.

A-N H makes a good point about cost too. When you link that to paying to watch the tripe served up all season, it's a wonder there are any non local ST holders there. Ditto a lot of clubs. It must really be biting everywhere below the glamour clubs.

I’m always in the stadium early because of my grandson and the songs played before the game are the same every time,obviously a prerecorded tape,bizarrely Dakota by Stereophonics is played twice.
It is Dar. It's the same stutter between songs quite often. You know it's eight mins before kick off as the video of the history comes on and then into Eminem with the cringe speaker picture on the screen and advertising boards.

Last week someone told me that they were struggling to get bums on seats at Man City, calling it the Emptyhad.

Some good points raised in this thread about the pre match atmosphere and I agree with most of it. The same tracks played before every game and the same video shown. Change it up a bit ffs. What was wrong with white riot to walk out to? The music 5 minutes before the game is ridiculously loud so will drown out any singing or chanting which means the atmosphere is poor at the start. Letting in 2 goals in 1st 10 mins doesn't help tho.

A question about last night's game Were the team line ups announced or shown on the screen before hand like normal? I'm ususally at my seat early and didn't notice the teams being read out and displayed but could have missed it I guess.

Some good points raised in this thread about the pre match atmosphere and I agree with most of it. The same tracks played before every game and the same video shown. Change it up a bit ffs. What was wrong with white riot to walk out to? The music 5 minutes before the game is ridiculously loud so will drown out any singing or chanting which means the atmosphere is poor at the start. Letting in 2 goals in 1st 10 mins doesn't help tho.

A question about last night's game Were the team line ups announced or shown on the screen before hand like normal? I'm ususally at my seat early and didn't notice the teams being read out and displayed but could have missed it I guess.
Nope and they haven't been all season as car as I'm aware.

Even more confusing when Bamford was starting online but Piroe was on the pitch

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back